Central Park is known as “the People’s Park” and the People have spoken! This year’s Central Park Conservancy Film Festival will feature movies chosen by viewers like you:
Thursday, August 22: West Side Story (PG)
Friday, August 23: Hook (PG)
Saturday, August 24: Silver Linings Playbook (R)
Sunday, August 25: The Shining (R)
Monday, August 26: Raiders of the Lost Ark (PG) It is on the landscape between Sheep Meadow and the 72nd Street Cross Drive. Gates open at 6:30 pm. Movies begin at 8:00 pm. The films will screen rain or shine. A DJ will perform from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. The Film Festival is free. Bring a picnic and a blanket. Popcorn is available free for viewers, thanks to founding sponsor Bloomberg. To ensure that everyone can enjoy the films, the following are not permitted: alcohol. glass bottles, chairs, video cameras, tape recorders.
- The Pentagon briefing was a striking change in tone from the public response of the Trump administration
- Ex-mayor rips Trump's call to Gold Star widow
- White House explains why condolence letters were expedited
- Analysis: Donald Trump just hit a new low
- Myeshia Johnson: Trump's call made me cry
- Widow reveals new details about Trump's call
- Analysis: Comey confirms he's 'Reinhold Niebuhr'
- Stephen Hawking's thesis crashes Cambridge website
- Analysis: McCain's cold revenge on Trump
- Opinion: What happened when Trump showed me his foot
- Nuneaton bowling alley siege: Man charged
- Teenager's life 'ruined' by Live.me and Twitter 'trolls'
- Police 'let down' modern slavery victims, says report
- Was Harry Styles groped as he sang on stage at concert?
- 'One-off' £1.5m supercar damaged in crash at Tangmere
- Ivory seizures hit record levels last year, report says
- Myeshia Johnson: Soldier's widow says Trump made me cry
- Disabled 'losing out on jobs' over Access to Work cap
- Eddie Izzard to stand again for Labour executive
- MP Jared O'Mara quits equalities committee over homophobic remarks