This was advertised as “Never before-seen photos from 100 years ago tell vivid story of gritty New York City.” (Some may have been seen before). These were sent to me by a friend who was the USA Today editor. Almost a million images of New York and its municipal operations have been made public for the first time on the internet. Some have been seen before.
The city’s Department of Records officially announced the debut of the photo database. It was culled from the Municipal Archives collection of more than 2.2 million images going back to the mid-1800s, the 870,000 photographs feature all manner of city oversight — from stately ports and bridges to grisly gangland killings.
Note the fifth photo has dead bodies. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2134408/Never-seen-photos-100-years-ago-tell-vivid-story-gritty-New-York-City.html
- Rep. Adam Schiff, top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said the WH directed Bannon to avoid answering Hill queries in Russia probe
- Schiff: White House imposed gag order on Bannon
- Schiff: Bannon's refusal to answer questions 'unprecedented'
- Rep. Collins: If I were Bannon, I'd answer lawmakers' questions
- The ups and downs of the Bannon insurgency
- NYT: Mueller subpoenas Bannon
- Analysis: Donald Trump 1, Steve Bannon 0
- The Trump-Russia investigation, from the beginning
- Seething Booker tells DHS chief: Amnesia about 'shithole' meeting makes you complicit
- Booker: Trump's words fester, they poison
- Health service 'haemorrhaging' nurses, figures reveal
- Why are so many nurses quitting the NHS?
- Trump's cognitive ability is normal, says White House doctor
- Drivers stranded overnight on M74 as snow sweeps Scotland
- Jessica Falkholt: Home and Away actress has died, hospital says
- Bayeux Tapestry to be displayed in UK for the first time
- Most new cars must be electric by 2030, ministers told
- Dozens of women describe abuse by ex-doctor Larry Nassar
- Tory MP Ben Bradley 'sorry' for blog post about jobless
- Carillion was left with just £29m before going bankrupt