President Martelly of the Republic of Haitia addressed the Diaspora Wednesday September 25 from 7:30pm to 10:30pm at Whitman Hall. The Flatbush community has a high Haitian population. This week is the General Assembly at the United Nations. There were supporters and reports of 100 protestors outside the college that had no tickets and wanted to see the event and a protest about President Martelly’s policies.
The main issues were about the tax on the DIASPORA ($1.50 per money transfer and 5 cents/min.on all calls to Haiti) and cronyism The New York Activist site reported. There was live entertainment by Shoubou of Tabou Combo, Isnard Douby of System Band, Cubano of Skah-Shah, Michael Guirand of Carimi and Alan Cave of Zin and G5 Melody. SITES: The Entire President Martelly Speech at Brooklyn College . In French http://storify.com/haitixchange/martelly-speaks-at-brooklyn-college www.haitianbeatz.com http://ditmaspark.patch.com/articles/haitian-pres-michel-martelly-s-speech-at-brooklyn-college-draws-protesters Send in any photos of the president.
- Facebook CEO sits down with CNN to address info breach involving firm with ties to Trump campaign
- It was a mistake to trust Cambridge Analytica, Zuckerberg says
- Zuckerberg breaks his silence in a Facebook post
- Zuckerberg: 'I'm really sorry that this happened'
- Opinion: I ditched Facebook in 2013, and it's been fine
- Zuckerberg's mentor: Crisis of trust threatens to destroy the company
- Inside the Trump campaign's ties with Cambridge Analytica
- Understanding the Cambridge Analytica controversy
- Cambridge Analytica CEO: I met Trump 'many times'
- Opinion: Why Cambridge Analytica's brag about weaponizing 'Crooked Hillary' slogan matters
- Facebook's Zuckerberg admits mistakes over Cambridge Analytica
- Putin 'will use World Cup like Hitler's Olympics'
- Brexit: EU leaders set to discuss transition agreement
- A blueberry muffin 'could have day's worth of sugar'
- Ant McPartlin charged with drink driving
- Are black knife deaths being ignored?
- 'Serious fire' at hotel in Dublin
- Shoreham air crash: Pilot Andy Hill to be charged over deaths
- 'Radical change' needed on countryside
- Red Arrows crash: Cpl Jonathan Bayliss named as victim