President Martelly of the Republic of Haitia addressed the Diaspora Wednesday September 25 from 7:30pm to 10:30pm at Whitman Hall. The Flatbush community has a high Haitian population. This week is the General Assembly at the United Nations. There were supporters and reports of 100 protestors outside the college that had no tickets and wanted to see the event and a protest about President Martelly’s policies.
The main issues were about the tax on the DIASPORA ($1.50 per money transfer and 5 cents/min.on all calls to Haiti) and cronyism The New York Activist site reported. There was live entertainment by Shoubou of Tabou Combo, Isnard Douby of System Band, Cubano of Skah-Shah, Michael Guirand of Carimi and Alan Cave of Zin and G5 Melody. SITES: The Entire President Martelly Speech at Brooklyn College . In French http://storify.com/haitixchange/martelly-speaks-at-brooklyn-college www.haitianbeatz.com http://ditmaspark.patch.com/articles/haitian-pres-michel-martelly-s-speech-at-brooklyn-college-draws-protesters Send in any photos of the president.
- The President treasures his political base to the point that a climbdown over traumatized kids is unthinkable
- Lewandowski on undocumented child with Down syndrome separated from mother: 'Womp womp'
- Don Lemon rips Lewandowski's reaction to separation
- Report: Migrant babies held in 'tender age' shelters
- Trump's Hill meeting 'didn't move the ball' on immigration
- What Trump supporters think of family separations
- Hear what lawmakers yelled at Trump
- Protesters jeer DHS chief at Mexican restaurant
- Opinion: Why Trump figures he can win with harsh border policy
- Michael Cohen 'willing to give info' on Trump, friends say
- Gosport hospital deaths: Prescribed painkillers 'shortened 456 lives'
- US child detention pictures disturbing - Theresa May
- US quits 'biased' UN human rights council
- Man arrested over Southgate Tube station explosion
- The FBI said I was my parents' stolen baby - but I found the truth
- British Airways cancels 'incorrectly' cheap tickets
- Italy migrants: Benetton criticised over ad campaign
- Commons set for Brexit vote showdown
- Beer could fall flat for World Cup as CO2 runs short
- Guy Verhofstadt warns MPs of 'two decade' Brexit ratification