A professor was annnouncing that if a disabled student needs more time on a test or bigger print or similar they must register with The Center for Disability-Student Services in 138 Roosevelt Hall. Their mission statement says: The Center for Student Disability Services is responsible for ensuring the successful integration of students with disabilities into the Brooklyn College community and for determining what constitutes appropriate, reasonable accommodations. Students will have access to the center by registering with the center.
Services for students with disabilities registered in the program include preadmission interviews, priority registration, individual counseling, auxiliary aids (readers, writers, laboratory assistants), individual testing accommodations and arrangements, advocacy, and direct liaison with offices that provide College services.
The center offers adaptive equipment for studying, taking tests, tutoring, and other academic activities. A wide variety of equipment and software is available, including a Dragon dictate speech-recognition system, a scanner with screen-access software, a text-to-speech synthesizer, magnification systems, CCTV systems, seventeen-inch VGA display monitors, braille and large print keyboards, and a braille printer. Computers allow many documents to be accessible in alternative formats, such as braille print or vocalized text.
Adaptive equipment and software are available through the center’s computer lab and its Mamie and Frank Goldstein Resource Center. For more information call 718.951.5538.
This office is a National Voter Registration Act voter registration site.
Under the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) of 1993, the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities is an Agency-Based Registration Site, where students are offered the opportunity to become registered voters. Applications are available in Room R138. For more information please visit the State Board of Elections home page at http://www.elections.state.ny.us/voting.html.
- Senate Dem leader met with Trump but says 'we still have a good number of disagreements'
- CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats
- Analysis: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Here comes the government shutdown
- Trump in 2013: President responsible for shutdown
- Here's what the last government shutdown looked like
- Opinion: What's really behind this cynical showdown
- GOP senator: We don't know where party is on DACA
- Why isn't the Stormy Daniels story a bigger deal?
- WSJ: Trump lawyer paid porn star through private company
- CNN Poll: Trump's approval rating edges up
- Ministers won't fight serial rapist release
- Las Vegas shooting: Police say gunman's girlfriend won't face charges
- Theresa May to meet Donald Trump in Davos
- Nassar case: Gold medallists Raisman and Wieber face abuser
- Church of England warns future of Down's 'under question'
- Dolores O'Riordan: Funeral arranged for next week
- US shutdown: Senate bill on verge of collapse amid rancour
- Jewish leaders call on Inner North London coroner to quit
- Coca-Cola pledges to recycle all packaging by 2030
- The man risking his life to save pink dolphins