Brooklyn College is sober as a judge. The Flatbush Ave. CUNY school came in 7th on the Princeton Review’s national list of 377 colleges for being a top “stone cold sober” campus. According to the survey, Brooklyn College also ranked 5th lowest in beer consumption; 4th lowest in liquor consumption and 12th lowest in reefer consumption. “Our campus is comprised of a student body that is very focused and here to earn a degree.” said college spokesman Jeremy Thompson. “I don’t want to see people walking around stoned out of their mind or drunk,” said Dienane Fleurvialm 25.
Excerpts from the Daily News Tuesday 08/21/2012 • by NATALIE MUSUMECI and MARK MORALES http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/brooklyn-college-ranked-7th-sober-school-country-article-1.1141519 Our blog would add there are events if you make the effort to look. There are close to a hundred of events weekly at the Student Center, Whitman Theater, Library Auditorium and elsewhere. Special ones highlighted are on our blog.
- They carried signs. They wore symbolic price tags. They told lawmakers 'enough' gun violence.
- Emma Gonzalez: Fight for your lives before it's someone else's job
- MLK Jr.'s granddaughter surprises rally crowd
- In pictures: The March for Our Lives protests
- Marchers' message to naysayers: 'Welcome to the revolution'
- Some of the most powerful messages weren't spoken
- While students marched for their lives, these folks marched for their guns
- She left her gun at home. Then she was assaulted.
- George Clooney, Paul McCartney and more celebrities join March for Our Lives
- The Parkland kids keep checking their privilege
- NHS: Over 3,000 more midwifery training places offered
- Vote Leave 'broke spending limits' in Brexit referendum
- March For Our Lives: Huge gun-control rallies sweep US
- March For Our Lives: 'Fight for your life before it’s somebody else’s job.'
- Eurovision: First winner Lys Assia dies aged 94
- Australia launch ball-tampering probe
- Australia-UK: First non-stop flight en route from Perth to London
- The man who has to crawl through his front door
- Apple Music's Jimmy Iovine says streaming services are 'too similar'
- RAF at 100: The A-lister meets the heroes