Saturday: THE JACKSONS:UNITY TOUR 2012, 8pm Coney Island http://brooklynconcerts.com/seaside.html
Lyle Lovett at Prospect Park, you’re gonna Lovett.
He sings country, folk, swing and pop, writes songs, produces records and has even made an acting career for himself. Catch the multitalented Texan during a free show in Prospect Park.
Downtown Dance Festival till August 18th. batterydance.org
The City’s longest-running public dance festival spans eight days of culture-packed performances. Free shows are held at Battery Park, One New York Plaza and Dance Amsterdam. Highlights include Malay ethnic dance presented by a 15-member troupe from Singapore, a New Paltz ensemble tribute to Woody Guthrie and the fifth annual Erasing Borders of Indian Dance Festival. Each show will be followed by an invitation to festivalgoers to get up and join the action.
Sunday:Quay Brothers short films at MoMA. moma.org
New York International Fringe Festivaltill August 26
More than 1,000 distinct stage performances—running the gamut from absurdist comedies to social commentaries to hip-hop musicals—with participating theater companies from down the street and around the globe. fringenyc.org
Note: many of our staff are on vacation so limited postings.
- They carried signs. They wore symbolic price tags. They told lawmakers 'enough' gun violence.
- Emma Gonzalez: Fight for your lives before it's someone else's job
- MLK Jr.'s granddaughter surprises rally crowd
- In pictures: The March for Our Lives protests
- Marchers' message to naysayers: 'Welcome to the revolution'
- Some of the most powerful messages weren't spoken
- While students marched for their lives, these folks marched for their guns
- She left her gun at home. Then she was assaulted.
- George Clooney, Paul McCartney and more celebrities join March for Our Lives
- The Parkland kids keep checking their privilege
- NHS: Over 3,000 more midwifery training places offered
- Vote Leave 'broke spending limits' in Brexit referendum
- March For Our Lives: Huge gun-control rallies sweep US
- March For Our Lives: 'Fight for your life before it’s somebody else’s job.'
- Eurovision: First winner Lys Assia dies aged 94
- Australia launch ball-tampering probe
- Australia-UK: First non-stop flight en route from Perth to London
- The man who has to crawl through his front door
- Apple Music's Jimmy Iovine says streaming services are 'too similar'
- RAF at 100: The A-lister meets the heroes