This Monday, Coney Island Flicks on the Beach with CIDC, Rooftop Films and NYC & Co. present Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. It will be screened at dusk with not-to-be-missed pre-show entertainment starting at 7pm. Shown on a jumbo 40-foot screen on the beach at West 10th Street, screenings are free to the public and begin at dusk. August 13 – “The Muppets” (2011)
This Saturday, August 4, is Wonder Wheel Music Marathon. With live Surf Band music beginning at 2pm on the Boardwalk.
The Atlantic Avenue subway station now is also called the Barclay Center.
New Avenue J Bus Stops Reduce Schlep for Midwood Riders. The B11 passes the college. City Councilman David Greenfield fought for more stops.
Brooklyn, with app-itude New York Post – Aug 1, 2012
Brooklyn officials are going high tech in an effort to sell visitors more than just a world-famous bridge.
The Downtown Brooklyn Partnership is working on an app and beefed up local WiFi service so people can follow a 1.4-mile “walking experience” on their smartphones — starting from the staircase entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge at Cadman Plaza East and finishing at the soon-to-open home of the Brooklyn Nets in Prospect Heights. “The pedestrian experience in Downtown Brooklyn can be confusing and overwhelming because it’s not as easy to [navigate] as Manhattan,” Reed said. “There is a lot happening here, but we haven’t done a great job connecting the dots to the total experience, instead highlighting just individual attractions.”
The Metro Tech Business Improvement District spent $1.4 million and seven years developing a plan to help guide tourists through Downtown, eventually installing 78 directional signs and maps throughout the area last year.
However, Reed said that project is already out of date because there’s been a big turnover in local amenities. “Some of the maps don’t even include Barclays Center,” said Reed, adding “we need a 21st Century” computerized system that can be easily updated.
- They survived the California fires. Now, the crisis is finding a place to stay in an area where housing was already scarce
- Toxic tensions in the heart of 'Cancer Alley'
- Bigger battles are rising from the ashes of the war on ISIS
- Wife of former HHS secretary on people with HIV: How about quarantine?
- Police: Woman's death in freezer an accident
- Man accused of recording teen's suicide
- Spain to reveal steps for Catalonia direct rule
- WHO under fire for Mugabe ambassadorship
- Australia gets a letter from North Korea
- Police: 3 men made Nazi salutes, shot at protesters after Richard Spencer event
- Spain expected to impose Catalonia direct rule
- Motorway roadworks speed limit could be increased
- Mugabe named as goodwill ambassador by WHO
- Storm Brian: Gale-force winds and high seas hit UK coast
- Islamic State and the crisis in Iraq and Syria in maps
- Modelling debut for boy, 11, with Down's syndrome
- Ballet hoping to help heal Charleston's wounds
- Man arrested after knife attack in Munich
- Is now the time to raise interest rates?
- Missing California hikers died in apparent murder-suicide