This Monday, Coney Island Flicks on the Beach with CIDC, Rooftop Films and NYC & Co. present Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. It will be screened at dusk with not-to-be-missed pre-show entertainment starting at 7pm. Shown on a jumbo 40-foot screen on the beach at West 10th Street, screenings are free to the public and begin at dusk. August 13 – “The Muppets” (2011)
This Saturday, August 4, is Wonder Wheel Music Marathon. With live Surf Band music beginning at 2pm on the Boardwalk.
The Atlantic Avenue subway station now is also called the Barclay Center.
New Avenue J Bus Stops Reduce Schlep for Midwood Riders. The B11 passes the college. City Councilman David Greenfield fought for more stops.
Brooklyn, with app-itude New York Post – Aug 1, 2012
Brooklyn officials are going high tech in an effort to sell visitors more than just a world-famous bridge.
The Downtown Brooklyn Partnership is working on an app and beefed up local WiFi service so people can follow a 1.4-mile “walking experience” on their smartphones — starting from the staircase entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge at Cadman Plaza East and finishing at the soon-to-open home of the Brooklyn Nets in Prospect Heights. “The pedestrian experience in Downtown Brooklyn can be confusing and overwhelming because it’s not as easy to [navigate] as Manhattan,” Reed said. “There is a lot happening here, but we haven’t done a great job connecting the dots to the total experience, instead highlighting just individual attractions.”
The Metro Tech Business Improvement District spent $1.4 million and seven years developing a plan to help guide tourists through Downtown, eventually installing 78 directional signs and maps throughout the area last year.
However, Reed said that project is already out of date because there’s been a big turnover in local amenities. “Some of the maps don’t even include Barclays Center,” said Reed, adding “we need a 21st Century” computerized system that can be easily updated.
- It seems certain that the imagery and feelings stirred by kids being separated from their parents will linger
- See the moment 7-year-old reunites with mom
- Children allege grave abuse at detention centers
- Emails suggest 'zero tolerance' effectively on hold
- Anderson Cooper: Is your head spinning yet?
- GOP pushes immigration vote into next week
- She got her son back after suing the Trump administration
- The big business of housing immigrant children
- 'The Conners' is happening without Roseanne, ABC says
- Charles Krauthammer, legendary conservative intellectual, dies at 68
- Airbus warns no-deal Brexit could see it leave UK
- EU tariffs on US goods come into force
- Church of England 's 2010 abuse inquiry was 'flawed' and 'failed'
- The story of Rashan Charles and the police
- Arizona Uber crash driver was 'watching TV'
- Windrush anniversary celebrated at Westminster Abbey
- XXXTentacion's girlfriend is pregnant
- Melania wears 'I really don't care do u?' jacket on migrant visit
- Bomb threat closes London's Charing Cross station
- High Court refuses bid for gender-neutral passports