This Monday, Coney Island Flicks on the Beach with CIDC, Rooftop Films and NYC & Co. present Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. It will be screened at dusk with not-to-be-missed pre-show entertainment starting at 7pm. Shown on a jumbo 40-foot screen on the beach at West 10th Street, screenings are free to the public and begin at dusk. August 13 – “The Muppets” (2011)
This Saturday, August 4, is Wonder Wheel Music Marathon. With live Surf Band music beginning at 2pm on the Boardwalk.
The Atlantic Avenue subway station now is also called the Barclay Center.
New Avenue J Bus Stops Reduce Schlep for Midwood Riders. The B11 passes the college. City Councilman David Greenfield fought for more stops.
Brooklyn, with app-itude New York Post – Aug 1, 2012
Brooklyn officials are going high tech in an effort to sell visitors more than just a world-famous bridge.
The Downtown Brooklyn Partnership is working on an app and beefed up local WiFi service so people can follow a 1.4-mile “walking experience” on their smartphones — starting from the staircase entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge at Cadman Plaza East and finishing at the soon-to-open home of the Brooklyn Nets in Prospect Heights. “The pedestrian experience in Downtown Brooklyn can be confusing and overwhelming because it’s not as easy to [navigate] as Manhattan,” Reed said. “There is a lot happening here, but we haven’t done a great job connecting the dots to the total experience, instead highlighting just individual attractions.”
The Metro Tech Business Improvement District spent $1.4 million and seven years developing a plan to help guide tourists through Downtown, eventually installing 78 directional signs and maps throughout the area last year.
However, Reed said that project is already out of date because there’s been a big turnover in local amenities. “Some of the maps don’t even include Barclays Center,” said Reed, adding “we need a 21st Century” computerized system that can be easily updated.
- President's own comments about Sessions' recusal in Russia probe raised pressure on the Attorney General
- Cillizza: Trump doesn't want to fire the AG. He wants him to quit
- In tweet, Trump calls House intel's top Democrat 'sleazy'
- Sessions responds to Trump's rebuke
- Kushner: 'I did not collude' with Russians
- What you need to know about Kushner's statement
- Congressman: Kushner confirms news Trump called 'fake'
- Conway, Stelter spar over Russia coverage
- Moon's interior may contain water, scientists say
- Charlie Gard's parents give up battle to take son to US
- Charlie Gard parents give up legal fight
- Charlie Gard: Parents pay tribute to son as legal fight ends
- Switzerland chainsaw attack: Police hunt Schaffhausen attacker
- Liam Fox downplays UK-US chlorinated chicken differences
- Devon drugs death girl 'paid ultimate price'
- Tourists warned over exchange rate costs
- More than 2,500 products subject to shrinkflation, says ONS
- US-Russia probe: Trump son-in-law Kushner denies collusion
- Missing skull found during Corrie Mckeague search 'was not his'
- Prince William: I talk to the children about 'Granny Diana'