This Monday, Coney Island Flicks on the Beach with CIDC, Rooftop Films and NYC & Co. present Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. It will be screened at dusk with not-to-be-missed pre-show entertainment starting at 7pm. Shown on a jumbo 40-foot screen on the beach at West 10th Street, screenings are free to the public and begin at dusk. August 13 – “The Muppets” (2011)
This Saturday, August 4, is Wonder Wheel Music Marathon. With live Surf Band music beginning at 2pm on the Boardwalk.
The Atlantic Avenue subway station now is also called the Barclay Center.
New Avenue J Bus Stops Reduce Schlep for Midwood Riders. The B11 passes the college. City Councilman David Greenfield fought for more stops.
Brooklyn, with app-itude New York Post – Aug 1, 2012
Brooklyn officials are going high tech in an effort to sell visitors more than just a world-famous bridge.
The Downtown Brooklyn Partnership is working on an app and beefed up local WiFi service so people can follow a 1.4-mile “walking experience” on their smartphones — starting from the staircase entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge at Cadman Plaza East and finishing at the soon-to-open home of the Brooklyn Nets in Prospect Heights. “The pedestrian experience in Downtown Brooklyn can be confusing and overwhelming because it’s not as easy to [navigate] as Manhattan,” Reed said. “There is a lot happening here, but we haven’t done a great job connecting the dots to the total experience, instead highlighting just individual attractions.”
The Metro Tech Business Improvement District spent $1.4 million and seven years developing a plan to help guide tourists through Downtown, eventually installing 78 directional signs and maps throughout the area last year.
However, Reed said that project is already out of date because there’s been a big turnover in local amenities. “Some of the maps don’t even include Barclays Center,” said Reed, adding “we need a 21st Century” computerized system that can be easily updated.
- President tweets support for a GOP plan to avert a shutdown, but the votes may not be there
- 2nd Dem senator says he'll vote 'yes'
- CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats
- Analysis: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Here comes the government shutdown
- Trump in 2013: President responsible for shutdown
- Here's what the last government shutdown looked like
- GOP senator: We don't know where party is on DACA
- Why isn't the Stormy Daniels story a bigger deal?
- WSJ: Trump lawyer paid porn star through private company
- CNN Poll: Trump's approval rating edges up
- Ministers won't fight serial rapist release
- Las Vegas shooting: Police say gunman's girlfriend won't face charges
- Theresa May to meet Donald Trump in Davos
- Nassar case: Gold medallists Raisman and Wieber face abuser
- Church of England warns future of Down's 'under question'
- Dolores O'Riordan: Funeral arranged for next week
- US shutdown: Senate bill on verge of collapse amid rancour
- Jewish leaders call on Inner North London coroner to quit
- Coca-Cola pledges to recycle all packaging by 2030
- The man risking his life to save pink dolphins