Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival August 4–5, 9am; Flushing Meadows–Corona Park. Past years have included kung fu demonstrations by the Shaolin Temple warrior monks; traditional music, dance and art from China, Mexico and Peru; and a diverse, delicious selection of international foods. It is a fun-filled, multicultural weekend more than 170 teams vie for trophies and cash prizes all weekend—piloting long, colorful vessels that are as delightful a spectacle as the competition itself.
Summer Streets till August 18, Park Ave. from Brooklyn Bridge to Central Park. For three Saturdays the cling-cling of bicycle bells 7am to 1pm, and strolling to dancing. This year’s edition will also include a 160-foot zip line at Foley Square.
SummerStage in Central Park, Amadou & Mariam and Theophilus London for free on August 4.
August 5 Mad Decent Block Party. An evening of food, games and music; the Mad Decent Block Party in Williamsburg noon 50 Kent Ave. RSVP maddecentblockparty.com
Tango lessons this Sunday at Hudson River Park 6:30 lesson 7pm band. It is till 8/12 at Pier 84 by 11th Avenue and at W.44th St.
- Hate groups will view his comments as stamp of approval to continue to divide us
- How the stunned media reacted
- The race speech Trump ached to give
- Why this Trump moment might be different
- Anderson Cooper: Trump revealed who and what he really is
- My uncle was radicalized like ISIS, nephew says
- World to Trump: Stand up against racism, neo-Nazis
- What's the 'alt-left'? Experts say it's a made-up term
- Late-night shows take on Trump
- Hicks likely to become next WH communications director
- Brexit: UK position paper opposes Irish border posts
- Theresa May on Trump comments: Far-right should always be condemned
- Manchester attack: 'Hero' denies bank card and mobile phone theft
- Moped raiders smash into Knightsbridge jewellers
- HMS Queen Elizabeth arrives in Portsmouth for first time
- UK unemployment falls to new 42-year low
- Daniel Craig confirms he'll play James Bond again
- Birmingham bin strike called off
- Holidaymaker dies after three caught in Cornwall rip current
- Big Ben should not be silenced for four years, says Theresa May