Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival August 4–5, 9am; Flushing Meadows–Corona Park. Past years have included kung fu demonstrations by the Shaolin Temple warrior monks; traditional music, dance and art from China, Mexico and Peru; and a diverse, delicious selection of international foods. It is a fun-filled, multicultural weekend more than 170 teams vie for trophies and cash prizes all weekend—piloting long, colorful vessels that are as delightful a spectacle as the competition itself.
Summer Streets till August 18, Park Ave. from Brooklyn Bridge to Central Park. For three Saturdays the cling-cling of bicycle bells 7am to 1pm, and strolling to dancing. This year’s edition will also include a 160-foot zip line at Foley Square.
SummerStage in Central Park, Amadou & Mariam and Theophilus London for free on August 4.
August 5 Mad Decent Block Party. An evening of food, games and music; the Mad Decent Block Party in Williamsburg noon 50 Kent Ave. RSVP maddecentblockparty.com
Tango lessons this Sunday at Hudson River Park 6:30 lesson 7pm band. It is till 8/12 at Pier 84 by 11th Avenue and at W.44th St.
- It seems certain that the imagery and feelings stirred by kids being separated from their parents will linger
- See the moment 7-year-old reunites with mom
- Children allege grave abuse at detention centers
- Emails suggest 'zero tolerance' effectively on hold
- Anderson Cooper: Is your head spinning yet?
- GOP pushes immigration vote into next week
- She got her son back after suing the Trump administration
- The big business of housing immigrant children
- 'The Conners' is happening without Roseanne, ABC says
- Charles Krauthammer, legendary conservative intellectual, dies at 68
- Airbus warns no-deal Brexit could see it leave UK
- EU tariffs on US goods come into force
- Church of England 's 2010 abuse inquiry was 'flawed' and 'failed'
- The story of Rashan Charles and the police
- Arizona Uber crash driver was 'watching TV'
- Windrush anniversary celebrated at Westminster Abbey
- XXXTentacion's girlfriend is pregnant
- Melania wears 'I really don't care do u?' jacket on migrant visit
- Bomb threat closes London's Charing Cross station
- High Court refuses bid for gender-neutral passports