Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival August 4–5, 9am; Flushing Meadows–Corona Park. Past years have included kung fu demonstrations by the Shaolin Temple warrior monks; traditional music, dance and art from China, Mexico and Peru; and a diverse, delicious selection of international foods. It is a fun-filled, multicultural weekend more than 170 teams vie for trophies and cash prizes all weekend—piloting long, colorful vessels that are as delightful a spectacle as the competition itself.
Summer Streets till August 18, Park Ave. from Brooklyn Bridge to Central Park. For three Saturdays the cling-cling of bicycle bells 7am to 1pm, and strolling to dancing. This year’s edition will also include a 160-foot zip line at Foley Square.
SummerStage in Central Park, Amadou & Mariam and Theophilus London for free on August 4.
August 5 Mad Decent Block Party. An evening of food, games and music; the Mad Decent Block Party in Williamsburg noon 50 Kent Ave. RSVP maddecentblockparty.com
Tango lessons this Sunday at Hudson River Park 6:30 lesson 7pm band. It is till 8/12 at Pier 84 by 11th Avenue and at W.44th St.
- Senate's bill breaks a host of Trump's campaign vows
- Conway: Medicaid cut isn't a cut
- Who wins and who loses under Obamacare replacement bill
- Deep cuts to Medicaid put rural hospitals in the crosshairs
- Health care bill loses another GOP vote
- Opinion: Senate bill abandons tens of millions of Americans
- Report: Obama knew Putin was directly involved in hacks
- Trump questions Obama over Russian meddling
- Trump on Mueller: 'We're going to have to see'
- Anthony Kennedy retirement watch at a fever pitch
- Cladding fire tests failed by 27 high-rise blocks
- Camden tower evacuations: Resident confronts Camden Council chief
- Parliament 'hit by cyber-attack'
- China landslide leaves 120 missing in Sichuan
- Jo Cox MP honoured with Commons plaque
- Armed Forces Day: Liverpool leads events across country
- Dizzee Rascal: 'I should be headlining Glastonbury'
- Qatar says list of demands by Arab states not realistic
- Mosul battle: Second French journalist dies after mine blast
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton on pole in Baku