Contact the colleges for details.
Book Discussion July 24 | Hunter College. A conversation with William Dobson, author of the recent book, The Dictator’s Learning Curve: Inside the Global Battle for Democracy. Dobson will be joined by Roosevelt House Interim Director Jonathan Fanton.
Hitchcock Classic: ‘Torn Curtain’ July 24 | Lehman College
Lehman Stages and Emerging Pictures present Hi-Def Hitch: 8 Hitchcock Classics on the Big Screen for the First Time in High Definition! “Torn Curtain” (1966) was Alfred Hitchcock’s 50th film and signals a return to the espionage-romance theme the director showcased in such films as “Secret Agent” and “The Man Who Knew Too Much.
Tango Championships July 26 | Baruch College. USA tango championships and Celebrate Tango show
IATI Theater: Todo Vanguardia July 26 to Aug. 12?
International Theater Arts Institute presents Theater Todo Vanguardia, featuring contemporary new works by Latin artists.
Hip Hop Legends Awards July 27 | Baruch College
Honoring great hip hop legends from the 1970s to the present.
- What happens when students lead marches around the country over gun violence: Cheers, tears and promises
- Emma Gonzalez: Fight for your lives before it's someone else's job
- MLK Jr.'s granddaughter: No guns in this world
- In pictures: The March for Our Lives protests
- Marchers call Washington's inaction unacceptable
- Some of the most powerful signs from the march
- George Clooney, Paul McCartney and more celebrities join March for Our Lives
- While students marched for their lives, these folks marched for their guns
- She left her gun at home, then was assaulted
- The Parkland kids keep checking their privilege
- March For Our Lives: Huge gun-control rallies sweep US
- March For Our Lives: 'Our message to the world'
- Vote Leave 'broke spending limits' in Brexit referendum
- NHS: Over 3,000 more midwifery training places offered
- Eurovision: First winner Lys Assia dies aged 94
- Cameron Bancroft: Australia player admits to ball-tampering, Steve Smith knew in advance
- Arnaud Beltrame: France lauds policeman who swapped with hostage
- Massive incomplete TV tower in Russia demolished
- We learn nothing about nutrition, claim medical students
- Apple Music's Jimmy Iovine says streaming services are 'too similar'