Friday: Bryant Park 1pm juggling. Concert Squeeze and The Romantics at Coney Island at the Seaside Summer Concert Series. (the hit “What I Like About You.”)
The Muppets Movie (2011) 8.–10p.m. at Bellevue South Park, 26th Street and 2nd Avenue, Manhattan
Saturday: New Museum Block Party at Sara D. Roosevelt Park, East Houston to Canal Sts. Interactive art activities and performances create your own handmade book with images from the New Museum Digital Archive. All block party guests will receive complimentary admission to the New Museum on July 21 where on-site programming includes family-friendly tours of Ghosts in the Machine, which focuses on the shifting relationship between humans, machines, and art.
Free Big Band swings at Kingsborough Community College 8pm
String Orchestra of Brooklyn’s Fifth Anniversary Concert at Fort Greene Park. A performance of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5 and other works. The concert takes place at monument plaza in the park at 6pm.
NYC Poetry Festival. Verse takes over Governors Island, July 21–22.The Your own poetry to read aloud, an arts and crafts village. A special children’s festival with dancing, drawing and writing activities meant to spark creativity in younger guests.
Sunday: Learn to Fly Day 10 a.m.–2p.m. Fly model airplanes off Richmond Hill Road opposite COSTCO. Instructors will show you how to work the controls and help you fly one of our Trainer Planes. Field of Dreams, Richmond Avenue and Forest Hill Road (in LaTourette Park & Golf Course), Staten Island.
- GOP lawmakers working on tax reform face a painful reminder that Trump has no ideological drive to tame the US deficit
- US deficit hits $666 billion -- this year
- Spain's Prime Minister announces unprecedented plan to stop Catalonia's bid for independence
- Missing California hikers found dead, locked in an embrace
- Lawmaker and wife of ex-HHS head asks whether people with HIV can be quarantined
- Police: Woman's death in freezer an accident
- Loved ones say good-bye to Sgt. La David Johnson, US soldier slain in Niger
- Man accused of recording teen's suicide
- Australia gets a letter from North Korea
- Battles rise from the ashes of the war on ISIS
- Catalonia independence: Spain pushes to remove leaders
- Crowds rally against direct rule in Barcelona
- Trump says he will allow scheduled release of JFK files
- Islamic State and the crisis in Iraq and Syria in maps
- Storm Brian: Gale-force winds and high seas hit UK coast
- Magazine apologises to Solange for editing image
- Aberdeenshire man 'kidnapped' in Vietnam is found alive
- BBC camera crew's view from a warzone
- Church of Scientology opens Birmingham HQ
- Modelling debut for boy, 11, with Down's syndrome