Friday: Bryant Park 1pm juggling. Concert Squeeze and The Romantics at Coney Island at the Seaside Summer Concert Series. (the hit “What I Like About You.”)
The Muppets Movie (2011) 8.–10p.m. at Bellevue South Park, 26th Street and 2nd Avenue, Manhattan
Saturday: New Museum Block Party at Sara D. Roosevelt Park, East Houston to Canal Sts. Interactive art activities and performances create your own handmade book with images from the New Museum Digital Archive. All block party guests will receive complimentary admission to the New Museum on July 21 where on-site programming includes family-friendly tours of Ghosts in the Machine, which focuses on the shifting relationship between humans, machines, and art.
Free Big Band swings at Kingsborough Community College 8pm
String Orchestra of Brooklyn’s Fifth Anniversary Concert at Fort Greene Park. A performance of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5 and other works. The concert takes place at monument plaza in the park at 6pm.
NYC Poetry Festival. Verse takes over Governors Island, July 21–22.The Your own poetry to read aloud, an arts and crafts village. A special children’s festival with dancing, drawing and writing activities meant to spark creativity in younger guests.
Sunday: Learn to Fly Day 10 a.m.–2p.m. Fly model airplanes off Richmond Hill Road opposite COSTCO. Instructors will show you how to work the controls and help you fly one of our Trainer Planes. Field of Dreams, Richmond Avenue and Forest Hill Road (in LaTourette Park & Golf Course), Staten Island.
- Hate groups will view his comments as stamp of approval to continue to divide us
- How the stunned media reacted
- The race speech Trump ached to give
- Why this Trump moment might be different
- Anderson Cooper: Trump revealed who and what he really is
- My uncle was radicalized like ISIS, nephew says
- World to Trump: Stand up against racism, neo-Nazis
- What's the 'alt-left'? Experts say it's a made-up term
- Late-night shows take on Trump
- Hicks likely to become next WH communications director
- Brexit: UK position paper opposes Irish border posts
- Theresa May on Trump comments: Far-right should always be condemned
- Manchester attack: 'Hero' denies bank card and mobile phone theft
- Moped raiders smash into Knightsbridge jewellers
- HMS Queen Elizabeth arrives in Portsmouth for first time
- UK unemployment falls to new 42-year low
- Daniel Craig confirms he'll play James Bond again
- Birmingham bin strike called off
- Holidaymaker dies after three caught in Cornwall rip current
- Big Ben should not be silenced for four years, says Theresa May