Friday: Bryant Park 1pm juggling. Concert Squeeze and The Romantics at Coney Island at the Seaside Summer Concert Series. (the hit “What I Like About You.”)
The Muppets Movie (2011) 8.–10p.m. at Bellevue South Park, 26th Street and 2nd Avenue, Manhattan
Saturday: New Museum Block Party at Sara D. Roosevelt Park, East Houston to Canal Sts. Interactive art activities and performances create your own handmade book with images from the New Museum Digital Archive. All block party guests will receive complimentary admission to the New Museum on July 21 where on-site programming includes family-friendly tours of Ghosts in the Machine, which focuses on the shifting relationship between humans, machines, and art.
Free Big Band swings at Kingsborough Community College 8pm
String Orchestra of Brooklyn’s Fifth Anniversary Concert at Fort Greene Park. A performance of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5 and other works. The concert takes place at monument plaza in the park at 6pm.
NYC Poetry Festival. Verse takes over Governors Island, July 21–22.The Your own poetry to read aloud, an arts and crafts village. A special children’s festival with dancing, drawing and writing activities meant to spark creativity in younger guests.
Sunday: Learn to Fly Day 10 a.m.–2p.m. Fly model airplanes off Richmond Hill Road opposite COSTCO. Instructors will show you how to work the controls and help you fly one of our Trainer Planes. Field of Dreams, Richmond Avenue and Forest Hill Road (in LaTourette Park & Golf Course), Staten Island.
- Senate's bill breaks a host of Trump's campaign vows
- Conway: Medicaid cut isn't a cut
- Who wins and who loses under Obamacare replacement bill
- Deep cuts to Medicaid put rural hospitals in the crosshairs
- Health care bill loses another GOP vote
- Opinion: Senate bill abandons tens of millions of Americans
- Report: Obama knew Putin was directly involved in hacks
- Trump questions Obama over Russian meddling
- Trump on Mueller: 'We're going to have to see'
- Anthony Kennedy retirement watch at a fever pitch
- Cladding fire tests failed by 27 high-rise blocks
- Camden tower evacuations: Resident confronts Camden Council chief
- Parliament 'hit by cyber-attack'
- China landslide leaves 120 missing in Sichuan
- Jo Cox MP honoured with Commons plaque
- Armed Forces Day: Liverpool leads events across country
- Dizzee Rascal: 'I should be headlining Glastonbury'
- Qatar says list of demands by Arab states not realistic
- Mosul battle: Second French journalist dies after mine blast
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton on pole in Baku