Friday: Bryant Park 1pm juggling. Concert Squeeze and The Romantics at Coney Island at the Seaside Summer Concert Series. (the hit “What I Like About You.”)
The Muppets Movie (2011) 8.–10p.m. at Bellevue South Park, 26th Street and 2nd Avenue, Manhattan
Saturday: New Museum Block Party at Sara D. Roosevelt Park, East Houston to Canal Sts. Interactive art activities and performances create your own handmade book with images from the New Museum Digital Archive. All block party guests will receive complimentary admission to the New Museum on July 21 where on-site programming includes family-friendly tours of Ghosts in the Machine, which focuses on the shifting relationship between humans, machines, and art.
Free Big Band swings at Kingsborough Community College 8pm
String Orchestra of Brooklyn’s Fifth Anniversary Concert at Fort Greene Park. A performance of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5 and other works. The concert takes place at monument plaza in the park at 6pm.
NYC Poetry Festival. Verse takes over Governors Island, July 21–22.The Your own poetry to read aloud, an arts and crafts village. A special children’s festival with dancing, drawing and writing activities meant to spark creativity in younger guests.
Sunday: Learn to Fly Day 10 a.m.–2p.m. Fly model airplanes off Richmond Hill Road opposite COSTCO. Instructors will show you how to work the controls and help you fly one of our Trainer Planes. Field of Dreams, Richmond Avenue and Forest Hill Road (in LaTourette Park & Golf Course), Staten Island.
- It seems certain that the imagery and feelings stirred by kids being separated from their parents will linger
- See the moment 7-year-old reunites with mom
- Children allege grave abuse at detention centers
- Emails suggest 'zero tolerance' effectively on hold
- Anderson Cooper: Is your head spinning yet?
- GOP pushes immigration vote into next week
- She got her son back after suing the Trump administration
- The big business of housing immigrant children
- 'The Conners' is happening without Roseanne, ABC says
- Charles Krauthammer, legendary conservative intellectual, dies at 68
- Airbus warns no-deal Brexit could see it leave UK
- EU tariffs on US goods come into force
- Church of England 's 2010 abuse inquiry was 'flawed' and 'failed'
- The story of Rashan Charles and the police
- Arizona Uber crash driver was 'watching TV'
- Windrush anniversary celebrated at Westminster Abbey
- XXXTentacion's girlfriend is pregnant
- Melania wears 'I really don't care do u?' jacket on migrant visit
- Bomb threat closes London's Charing Cross station
- High Court refuses bid for gender-neutral passports