We apologize for the late posting, the college Internet was done Sunday. Internet crashes used to be more, our virus protection avoided some recently in the news.
Tuesday BBQ in the Student Center noon in the penthouse.
Out of the blue concert: (classic rock and dance) 79 Street and Shore Road Park Tuesday July 17th 7pm. STARS OF TOMORROW: Free Jazz Tuesday, July 17 at 6:30pm Pier 45 at Christopher St. in Greenwich Village. The stars shine bright in Hudson River Park! Enjoy jazz music as students from the New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music perform.
Wednesday Generation Gap concert: (60’s thorugh 90’s) Marine Park (Fillmore Avenue near 31 Street) July 18 7pm.
[Monday: (past) Wingate Martin Luther King Jr. series. Monday Bootsy Collins, S.O.S. Band 8pm
(past) Listed in Time Out Magazine as a top four place to meet is The Bell House in Park Slope You can be a DJ. Whatever you bring you can spin. Free event. Monday 8pm 149 7th Street]
Sweat It’ Dance Festival July 16 – 19 | Queens College
This is a diverse compilation of creative pieces from both student and alumni choreographers. Check college for details.
Career and Internship Fair July 19 | Bronx Community College
Soon-to-be graduates and recent alumni are urged to take advantage of this excellent opportunity to learn about career and internship opportunities with top organizations. Check college for details. Jazz in July FestivalJuly 16–26 a rare New York appearance by Ernie Andrews and Freddy Cole in an evening of song; a celebration of Richard Rodgers; and the Count Basie Orchestra with special guest Bucky Pizzarelli. 92nd Street Y 1395 Lexington Ave. (bet. E. 91st and E. 92nd Sts.) Manhattan 212-415-5500 92y.org/
Summer Nights at the Jewish Museum Thursdays July 19 and 26 The eclectic musical performances include those by Howard Fishman and the Biting Fish Brass Band, Slavic Soul Party and One Ring Zero. Arrive early and take the opportunity to visit the galleries as well, including a two-floor permanent exhibition spanning 4,000 years of art and Jewish culture. 1109 Fifth Ave (bet. E. 92nd St. and 93rd Sts.) Manhattan, NY 10128 212-423-3200 thejewishmuseum.org
- A former staffer says Rep. Blake Farenthold's crude remarks drove him to quit
- Rep. Farenthold facing new harassment accusations
- GOP Rep. Mia Love: Farenthold should resign
- Farenthold accuser: I couldn't stay in DC
- It's the way you dress, Dem congresswoman tells colleagues
- Al Franken's Senate replacement named
- The inside story of the GOP's Alabama meltdown
- Opinion: How Black women saved democracy
- How black voters boosted Doug Jones to victory in Alabama
- Tapper: Trump lost again, may haunt him
- May heads to Brussels after EU vote loss
- The moment defeat on Brexit vote was announced
- Royals to attend Grenfell fire memorial at St Paul's
- Harvey Weinstein: Salma Hayek alleges he threatened to kill her
- How net neutrality affects you
- White House contradicts Tillerson on North Korea, adding to confusion
- Dublin City Council removes Suu Kyi from honours list
- Chris Froome: Team Sky rider says legacy will not be tainted by 'adverse' drugs test
- Haemophilia A trial results 'mind-blowing'
- Fly-tipping prosecutions at record low in England