We apologize for the late posting, the college Internet was done Sunday. Internet crashes used to be more, our virus protection avoided some recently in the news.
Tuesday BBQ in the Student Center noon in the penthouse.
Out of the blue concert: (classic rock and dance) 79 Street and Shore Road Park Tuesday July 17th 7pm. STARS OF TOMORROW: Free Jazz Tuesday, July 17 at 6:30pm Pier 45 at Christopher St. in Greenwich Village. The stars shine bright in Hudson River Park! Enjoy jazz music as students from the New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music perform.
Wednesday Generation Gap concert: (60’s thorugh 90’s) Marine Park (Fillmore Avenue near 31 Street) July 18 7pm.
[Monday: (past) Wingate Martin Luther King Jr. series. Monday Bootsy Collins, S.O.S. Band 8pm
(past) Listed in Time Out Magazine as a top four place to meet is The Bell House in Park Slope You can be a DJ. Whatever you bring you can spin. Free event. Monday 8pm 149 7th Street]
Sweat It’ Dance Festival July 16 – 19 | Queens College
This is a diverse compilation of creative pieces from both student and alumni choreographers. Check college for details.
Career and Internship Fair July 19 | Bronx Community College
Soon-to-be graduates and recent alumni are urged to take advantage of this excellent opportunity to learn about career and internship opportunities with top organizations. Check college for details. Jazz in July FestivalJuly 16–26 a rare New York appearance by Ernie Andrews and Freddy Cole in an evening of song; a celebration of Richard Rodgers; and the Count Basie Orchestra with special guest Bucky Pizzarelli. 92nd Street Y 1395 Lexington Ave. (bet. E. 91st and E. 92nd Sts.) Manhattan 212-415-5500 92y.org/
Summer Nights at the Jewish Museum Thursdays July 19 and 26 The eclectic musical performances include those by Howard Fishman and the Biting Fish Brass Band, Slavic Soul Party and One Ring Zero. Arrive early and take the opportunity to visit the galleries as well, including a two-floor permanent exhibition spanning 4,000 years of art and Jewish culture. 1109 Fifth Ave (bet. E. 92nd St. and 93rd Sts.) Manhattan, NY 10128 212-423-3200 thejewishmuseum.org
- There will be no Senate vote on health care overhaul
- What doctors want from health care reform
- Trump: McCain 'no' vote is a slap in the face
- Watch highlights from CNN's health care debate
- Republicans are discussing other ways to repeal Obamacare
- See how Graham responds to Trump's tweet about McCain
- Opinion: On healthcare, let's do the impossible
- WH staff interviews about Russia could start this week
- Congresswoman kneels on House floor to protest Trump
- Trump: I wasn't preoccupied with the NFL
- Jeremy Corbyn: It's right to plan for run on pound
- Saudi women 'to be allowed driving licences'
- Liz Dawn: Coronation Street's Vera Duckworth dies at 77
- Clinton: White House private emails 'height of hypocrisy'
- UK's first subsidy-free solar opened in Bedfordshire
- The secretive state of North Korea – in charts
- Parsons Green bombing: Three men released without charge
- Brexit: Donald Tusk says not enough progress in talks
- Fake exam certificate website shut down
- Dyson to make electric cars from 2020