We apologize for the late posting, the college Internet was done Sunday. Internet crashes used to be more, our virus protection avoided some recently in the news.
Tuesday BBQ in the Student Center noon in the penthouse.
Out of the blue concert: (classic rock and dance) 79 Street and Shore Road Park Tuesday July 17th 7pm. STARS OF TOMORROW: Free Jazz Tuesday, July 17 at 6:30pm Pier 45 at Christopher St. in Greenwich Village. The stars shine bright in Hudson River Park! Enjoy jazz music as students from the New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music perform.
Wednesday Generation Gap concert: (60’s thorugh 90’s) Marine Park (Fillmore Avenue near 31 Street) July 18 7pm.
[Monday: (past) Wingate Martin Luther King Jr. series. Monday Bootsy Collins, S.O.S. Band 8pm
(past) Listed in Time Out Magazine as a top four place to meet is The Bell House in Park Slope You can be a DJ. Whatever you bring you can spin. Free event. Monday 8pm 149 7th Street]
Sweat It’ Dance Festival July 16 – 19 | Queens College
This is a diverse compilation of creative pieces from both student and alumni choreographers. Check college for details.
Career and Internship Fair July 19 | Bronx Community College
Soon-to-be graduates and recent alumni are urged to take advantage of this excellent opportunity to learn about career and internship opportunities with top organizations. Check college for details. Jazz in July FestivalJuly 16–26 a rare New York appearance by Ernie Andrews and Freddy Cole in an evening of song; a celebration of Richard Rodgers; and the Count Basie Orchestra with special guest Bucky Pizzarelli. 92nd Street Y 1395 Lexington Ave. (bet. E. 91st and E. 92nd Sts.) Manhattan 212-415-5500 92y.org/
Summer Nights at the Jewish Museum Thursdays July 19 and 26 The eclectic musical performances include those by Howard Fishman and the Biting Fish Brass Band, Slavic Soul Party and One Ring Zero. Arrive early and take the opportunity to visit the galleries as well, including a two-floor permanent exhibition spanning 4,000 years of art and Jewish culture. 1109 Fifth Ave (bet. E. 92nd St. and 93rd Sts.) Manhattan, NY 10128 212-423-3200 thejewishmuseum.org
- Facebook CEO sits down with CNN to address info breach involving firm with ties to Trump campaign
- It was a mistake to trust Cambridge Analytica, Zuckerberg says
- Zuckerberg breaks his silence in a Facebook post
- Zuckerberg: 'I'm really sorry that this happened'
- Opinion: I ditched Facebook in 2013, and it's been fine
- Zuckerberg's mentor: Crisis of trust threatens to destroy the company
- Inside the Trump campaign's ties with Cambridge Analytica
- Understanding the Cambridge Analytica controversy
- Cambridge Analytica CEO: I met Trump 'many times'
- Opinion: Why Cambridge Analytica's brag about weaponizing 'Crooked Hillary' slogan matters
- Facebook's Zuckerberg admits mistakes over Cambridge Analytica
- Putin 'will use World Cup like Hitler's Olympics'
- Brexit: EU leaders set to discuss transition agreement
- A blueberry muffin 'could have day's worth of sugar'
- Ant McPartlin charged with drink driving
- Are black knife deaths being ignored?
- 'Serious fire' at hotel in Dublin
- Shoreham air crash: Pilot Andy Hill to be charged over deaths
- 'Radical change' needed on countryside
- Red Arrows crash: Cpl Jonathan Bayliss named as victim