Photos of July 4th fireworks from East River State Park in Williamsburg. A look like London on the Thames River
Brooklyn Museum First Saturdays free from 5 to 11 pm this Saturday. Mon Khmer performs avant-garde new wave, and hip-hop artist Mickey Factz takes listeners on a journey into 1980s New York’s downtown art scene 5-7pm, Interactive Activity 5–8 pm contribute to a sidewalk chalk art mural, Gallery Talks 6–9:30 pm, Hands-on Art 6:30–8:30 pm, Performance 7–8:30 pm Four artists compete in a live painting performance hosted by ArtBattles, accompanied by a special guest DJ., Film & Talk 7–9 pm Jim Hubbard screens selections from his recent documentary United in Anger: A History of ACT UP, Dance Party
8:30–10 pm, Music 9 pm The all-girl band Plastiq Passion blends New Wave and punk, with a modern edge
Justin Strauss, former DJ of New York’s legendary Mudd Club, spins old and new house music, Book Club
9 pm, Designer and stylist Maripol will discuss her book Little Red Riding Hood and the 1980s New York art scene, as well as her experience designing some of Madonna’s signature looks. Late Night in the Galleries 10–11 pm.
Free Outdoor Concert at Kingsborough Community College this Saturday 8pm. the college is surrounded by the harbor and beach. It is titled Star Spangled Summer Night done by the Brooklyn Community Wind Ensemble and Concert Band. http://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/osk/Pages/summ2012.aspx
Frankie Negron at 7pm free at St. Mary’s Park, Bronx just a few stops from Manhattan. Puerto Rican salsa star, Frankie Negron, creates a new brand of modern Latin music by fusing his roots and upbringing together into a harmonious sound. Combining pop, rock, gospel, R&B, hip-hop and reggaeton into his contemporary salsa tunes. Negron has earned Grammy nominations, Billboard Award nods, and two Premio Lo Nuestro Awards for “Song of the Year.” He also boasts four Platinum album awards to his credit.
- State Department won't send a high-level delegation to support Ivanka Trump's global summit trip, officials say
- Ivanka Trump to deliver keynote address in India
- Tillerson under fire for turmoil at State Department
- State Dept spokeswoman: 'There's a morale issue in this building'
- Trump and Tillerson's tense relationship
- Macy's shoppers report credit card outage
- Is this the last Black Friday?
- JCPenney coupon change confuses many
- Gunmen kill at least 235 at Egypt mosque
- North Korea digs trench at defection site
- Egypt attack: Gunmen kill 235 in Sinai mosque
- Oxford Circus Tube station: Tube stations reopen after alert
- Brexit: May says positive vibe but EU warns of 'huge challenge'
- Oscar Pistorius jail term for killing Reeva Steenkamp more than doubled
- William and Kate attend Royal Variety show
- Katie Rough death: Teen detained for life for killing
- Black Friday sales bonanza set to hit a record
- Zimbabwe's new president Mnangagwa vows to 're-engage' with world
- Zimbabwe President Mnangagwa: Mugabe 'a father and mentor'
- Leo Varadkar hopes talks can avert Irish general election