Citizen CUNY Community Service: The National Multiple Sclerosis Society of New York City is looking for Street Team volunteers to help distribute materials for upcoming events including the Bike MS and Muck Rukus. Materials and orientation will be provided to all volunteers.
Spotlight: Two veterans are graduating with top marks after serving our country, including Navy veteran Richard Fisher, who was honored with the Purple Heart after being injured by a mortar shell explosion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF0uF8xXVeU&list=PL9DD0780FEB81CB8E&index=1&feature=plpp_video
A Night of Latin Soul: June 23 | Lehman College. An evening of Latin and classic soul, “A Night of Remembrance,” will feature four decades of contributions to the music industry. Joe Bataan – the “King of Latin Soul” – remains a legendary artist in the Latin Soul genre. Known for his “Salsoul” hits, Bataan’s voice and unique style of music has made him a legend.
Artist Koho Yamamoto June 18 – 28 | City College
Koho Yamamoto: A Sensei and Her Students, is an exhibition of works created in the traditional style do Sumi-E and watercolor painting taught by the master artist Koho Yamamoto.
Martina Arroyo Foundation: A Master Series June 20 | Hunter College
The Martina Arroyo Foundation encourages all who are interested to attend a series of master classes with internationally acclaimed professionals in the field of opera.
String Ensemble Recital June 20 | Baruch College
Newman & Oltman Guitar Duo and the Daelalus String Quartet, in a recital, “Romantics New and Old.”
- In an administration where a slight is usually met with a shrug, the ambassador to the UN stands her ground
- 'No Confusion Nikki' takes the media by storm
- President decided to abandon plans for more Russia sanctions
- Analysis: Nikki Haley is simply not having it
- SE Cupp: Haley isn't here for your sexism
- Analysis: Trump undercutting ambassador plays right into Comey's tease about the worst Russia narrative
- The meaning behind Trump's racist term 'breeding'
- Anderson Cooper: Trump rewriting history
- Poll shows Ted Cruz in tight Senate race
- Trump calls out Rand Paul on Pompeo
- Plastic straw and cotton bud ban proposed
- Dale Winton, Supermarket Sweep presenter, dies aged 62
- Debenhams sales hit by 'Beast from the East'
- Trump 'will walk out' if North Korea talks not fruitful
- The holiday village run by spies
- Commonwealth meeting: Queen to open two-day summit
- Clevedon house crash: Woman dies as van hits house
- Drugs leave 12 dead since December in a Cumbrian town
- Nasa's Tess: Planet-hunting satellite lifts off
- Windrush: Investigation urged over landing cards