Citizen CUNY Community Service: The National Multiple Sclerosis Society of New York City is looking for Street Team volunteers to help distribute materials for upcoming events including the Bike MS and Muck Rukus. Materials and orientation will be provided to all volunteers.
Spotlight: Two veterans are graduating with top marks after serving our country, including Navy veteran Richard Fisher, who was honored with the Purple Heart after being injured by a mortar shell explosion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF0uF8xXVeU&list=PL9DD0780FEB81CB8E&index=1&feature=plpp_video
A Night of Latin Soul: June 23 | Lehman College. An evening of Latin and classic soul, “A Night of Remembrance,” will feature four decades of contributions to the music industry. Joe Bataan – the “King of Latin Soul” – remains a legendary artist in the Latin Soul genre. Known for his “Salsoul” hits, Bataan’s voice and unique style of music has made him a legend.
Artist Koho Yamamoto June 18 – 28 | City College
Koho Yamamoto: A Sensei and Her Students, is an exhibition of works created in the traditional style do Sumi-E and watercolor painting taught by the master artist Koho Yamamoto.
Martina Arroyo Foundation: A Master Series June 20 | Hunter College
The Martina Arroyo Foundation encourages all who are interested to attend a series of master classes with internationally acclaimed professionals in the field of opera.
String Ensemble Recital June 20 | Baruch College
Newman & Oltman Guitar Duo and the Daelalus String Quartet, in a recital, “Romantics New and Old.”
- The Pentagon briefing was a striking change in tone from the public response of the Trump administration
- Ex-mayor rips Trump's call to Gold Star widow
- White House explains why condolence letters were expedited
- Analysis: Donald Trump just hit a new low
- Myeshia Johnson: Trump's call made me cry
- Widow reveals new details about Trump's call
- Analysis: Comey confirms he's 'Reinhold Niebuhr'
- Stephen Hawking's thesis crashes Cambridge website
- Analysis: McCain's cold revenge on Trump
- Opinion: What happened when Trump showed me his foot
- Nuneaton bowling alley siege: Man charged
- Teenager's life 'ruined' by Live.me and Twitter 'trolls'
- Police 'let down' modern slavery victims, says report
- Was Harry Styles groped as he sang on stage at concert?
- 'One-off' £1.5m supercar damaged in crash at Tangmere
- Ivory seizures hit record levels last year, report says
- Myeshia Johnson: Soldier's widow says Trump made me cry
- Disabled 'losing out on jobs' over Access to Work cap
- Eddie Izzard to stand again for Labour executive
- MP Jared O'Mara quits equalities committee over homophobic remarks