Wednesday: Random acts of fun noon at the Whitehead Breezeway. Long lost Marilyn Monroe photos and others at the free Steven Kather Gallery 521 W.23 St. Wednesday till June 30th.
Last week the Gershwin Theater and Sam Levinsohn Recital Hall were demolished at BC. The Tow Theater will replace it. Appropriate for this time were his Gershwin songs: SummerTime and They Can’t Take That Away from Me. Other songs George Gershwin wrote were Rhapsody in Blue, An American in Paris, Strike Up the Band, I Got Rhythm, Porgy and Bess folk opera, I Got Plenty o nuttin, It Ain’t Necessarily So, Shall We Dance, Blue Monday, Pardon My English, Swanee, I Got Rhythm, Embraceable You, Someone to Watch Over Me, Tomale (I’m Hot for You)
Sam Levenson was an American humorist, writer, teacher, television host and journalist. He graduated from Brooklyn College in 1934. He had many best selling books and one was called In One Era And Out The Other. The 150-seat Sam Levenson Recital Hall at Brooklyn College was named after him in 1988 in gratitude for his donations over the years to the Performing Arts Center. A glazed porcelain bust of him graced the hall’s rear wall.
- There will be no Senate vote on health care overhaul
- What doctors want from health care reform
- Trump: McCain 'no' vote is a slap in the face
- Watch highlights from CNN's health care debate
- Republicans are discussing other ways to repeal Obamacare
- See how Graham responds to Trump's tweet about McCain
- Opinion: On healthcare, let's do the impossible
- WH staff interviews about Russia could start this week
- Congresswoman kneels on House floor to protest Trump
- Trump: I wasn't preoccupied with the NFL
- Jeremy Corbyn: It's right to plan for run on pound
- Saudi women 'to be allowed driving licences'
- Liz Dawn: Coronation Street's Vera Duckworth dies at 77
- Clinton: White House private emails 'height of hypocrisy'
- UK's first subsidy-free solar opened in Bedfordshire
- The secretive state of North Korea – in charts
- Parsons Green bombing: Three men released without charge
- Brexit: Donald Tusk says not enough progress in talks
- Fake exam certificate website shut down
- Dyson to make electric cars from 2020