Wednesday: Random acts of fun noon at the Whitehead Breezeway. Long lost Marilyn Monroe photos and others at the free Steven Kather Gallery 521 W.23 St. Wednesday till June 30th.
Last week the Gershwin Theater and Sam Levinsohn Recital Hall were demolished at BC. The Tow Theater will replace it. Appropriate for this time were his Gershwin songs: SummerTime and They Can’t Take That Away from Me. Other songs George Gershwin wrote were Rhapsody in Blue, An American in Paris, Strike Up the Band, I Got Rhythm, Porgy and Bess folk opera, I Got Plenty o nuttin, It Ain’t Necessarily So, Shall We Dance, Blue Monday, Pardon My English, Swanee, I Got Rhythm, Embraceable You, Someone to Watch Over Me, Tomale (I’m Hot for You)
Sam Levenson was an American humorist, writer, teacher, television host and journalist. He graduated from Brooklyn College in 1934. He had many best selling books and one was called In One Era And Out The Other. The 150-seat Sam Levenson Recital Hall at Brooklyn College was named after him in 1988 in gratitude for his donations over the years to the Performing Arts Center. A glazed porcelain bust of him graced the hall’s rear wall.
- Facebook CEO sits down with CNN to address info breach involving firm with ties to Trump campaign
- It was a mistake to trust Cambridge Analytica, Zuckerberg says
- Zuckerberg breaks his silence in a Facebook post
- Zuckerberg: 'I'm really sorry that this happened'
- Opinion: I ditched Facebook in 2013, and it's been fine
- Zuckerberg's mentor: Crisis of trust threatens to destroy the company
- Inside the Trump campaign's ties with Cambridge Analytica
- Understanding the Cambridge Analytica controversy
- Cambridge Analytica CEO: I met Trump 'many times'
- Opinion: Why Cambridge Analytica's brag about weaponizing 'Crooked Hillary' slogan matters
- Facebook's Zuckerberg admits mistakes over Cambridge Analytica
- Putin 'will use World Cup like Hitler's Olympics'
- Brexit: EU leaders set to discuss transition agreement
- A blueberry muffin 'could have day's worth of sugar'
- Ant McPartlin charged with drink driving
- Are black knife deaths being ignored?
- 'Serious fire' at hotel in Dublin
- Shoreham air crash: Pilot Andy Hill to be charged over deaths
- 'Radical change' needed on countryside
- Red Arrows crash: Cpl Jonathan Bayliss named as victim