Wednesday: Random acts of fun noon at the Whitehead Breezeway. Long lost Marilyn Monroe photos and others at the free Steven Kather Gallery 521 W.23 St. Wednesday till June 30th.
Last week the Gershwin Theater and Sam Levinsohn Recital Hall were demolished at BC. The Tow Theater will replace it. Appropriate for this time were his Gershwin songs: SummerTime and They Can’t Take That Away from Me. Other songs George Gershwin wrote were Rhapsody in Blue, An American in Paris, Strike Up the Band, I Got Rhythm, Porgy and Bess folk opera, I Got Plenty o nuttin, It Ain’t Necessarily So, Shall We Dance, Blue Monday, Pardon My English, Swanee, I Got Rhythm, Embraceable You, Someone to Watch Over Me, Tomale (I’m Hot for You)
Sam Levenson was an American humorist, writer, teacher, television host and journalist. He graduated from Brooklyn College in 1934. He had many best selling books and one was called In One Era And Out The Other. The 150-seat Sam Levenson Recital Hall at Brooklyn College was named after him in 1988 in gratitude for his donations over the years to the Performing Arts Center. A glazed porcelain bust of him graced the hall’s rear wall.
- Trump-Obama relationship has reached historic low
- Trump blasts Obama on Twitter, demands apology
- Opinion: Why isn't Obama hitting back?
- Trump's new foil: A silent Barack Obama
- Australian cardinal charged with sexual assault offenses
- Diehard ISIS fighters await final fight
- California says key ingredient in Roundup weed killer can cause cancer
- Man cracks ransomware code
- Good Samaritan beaten after helping child
- ABC settles 'pink slime' lawsuit
- Grenfell fire: Retired judge to lead disaster inquiry
- Cardinal Pell: Vatican treasurer charged with sex offences
- IS faces end game in Mosul, says Michael Fallon
- Stalking victim rejects police apology over stabbing
- US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt
- Sheikh steps in to buy village chapel in Cornwall
- 'My son was circumcised without my consent'
- Theresa May to seek backing of MPs for Queen's Speech
- Brazil Temer: Car 'rams gate of presidential palace'
- London bridge attack officer: 'I wasn't backing down'