El Barrio Weeks June 1 – June 16 Arts, dining, shopping and culture take over El Barrio/East Harlem during the second-annual El Barrio Week—which actually lasts a full two weeks. El Barrio Restaurant Week (featuring $20.12 prix-fixe menus), where visitors can sample the neighborhood’s delicious dining options, and Shop El Barrio, an opportunity for visitors to support local businesses. Coinciding with the East Harlem International Film Festival (June 1–8), the 116th Street Festival (June 9), the National Puerto Rican Day Parade (June 10) and the Museum Mile Festival (June 12), the celebration is set to bring art, cooking, spoken word, food tastings and dance performances to this always-vibrant neighborhood. For a full schedule of events and offerings. visitelbarrio.com.
Jimmy Cliff the reggae legend at Prospect Park Bandshell June 5
Saturday: History of Puerto Rican Folk Dance.
Al Oerter Recreation Center (in Flushing Meadows Corona Park), Queens 11am
10 a.m.–5 p.m. This event repeats every week on Sunday and Saturday between 5/19/2012 and 10/7/.
Kayaking on the Hudson join the Downtown Boathouse for 20-minute instructional paddles, and explore the Hudson River first-hand. Please wear a bathing suit or shorts and a t-shirt, and know how to swim. Weather permitting. No registration required. Kayaks and life vests provided. (in Riverside Park) 72nd Street and Hudson River, Manhattan.
Bryant Park Petanque Tournaments Sunday 10–6 p.m. This event repeats every day between 6/2 and 6/3 spectators welcome.
- Senate Dem leader met with Trump but says 'we still have a good number of disagreements'
- CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats
- Analysis: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Here comes the government shutdown
- Trump in 2013: President responsible for shutdown
- Here's what the last government shutdown looked like
- Opinion: What's really behind this cynical showdown
- GOP senator: We don't know where party is on DACA
- Why isn't the Stormy Daniels story a bigger deal?
- WSJ: Trump lawyer paid porn star through private company
- CNN Poll: Trump's approval rating edges up
- Ministers won't fight serial rapist release
- Las Vegas shooting: Police say gunman's girlfriend won't face charges
- Theresa May to meet Donald Trump in Davos
- Nassar case: Gold medallists Raisman and Wieber face abuser
- Church of England warns future of Down's 'under question'
- Dolores O'Riordan: Funeral arranged for next week
- US shutdown: Senate bill on verge of collapse amid rancour
- Jewish leaders call on Inner North London coroner to quit
- Coca-Cola pledges to recycle all packaging by 2030
- The man risking his life to save pink dolphins