NY Photo Festival: panel discussions, through May 20, DUMBO. Ninth Ave Food Festival Saturday and Sunday 12-5, 42-57 St. Little Kim appearing in the Bronx check the Village Voice
Saturday, Sunday 7am, 20 Years Bryant Park Photo Exhibit: This event repeats every day between 4/19 and 5/29. Sunday: Sheepshead Bay’s Bayfest 2012, 12–6 p.m.BAYFEST2012 will feature over 21 bands, dance troupes, and kids’ performers on a main stage and ten piers (eight blocks) of Sheepshead Bay’s beautiful waterfront, on Emmons Avenue from East 27th Street to Ocean Avenue in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. Family fun for all featuring face painting, giveaways, arts and crafts, Brooklyn’s Nets’ EXPERIENCE Mobile Basketball Unit.
Sunday Drums Along the Hudson: A Native American Festival. Saturday 7am Van Cortlandt Golf House Circle (in Van Cortlandt Park), Bronx, The Tenth Annual Drums Along the Hudson: A Native American Festival will take place on Sunday, in Upper Manhattan’s Inwood Hill Park from 11:00 am until 6:00 pm, rain or shine. A free, multi cultural family-oriented festival, Drums Along the Hudson includes exhibitions of world dance and drumming traditions as well as Native American crafts and international foods. The festival combines a celebration of Native American heritage, culture, and art with the diversity of New York City itself. In keeping with the underlying theme of environmental appreciation and education, Drums Along the Hudson will continue to feature an Environmental Tent which will include appearances by Captain Planet, courtesy of the Captain Planet Foundation. Sandra Bookman, weekend anchor for WABC-TV, will host the event along with Tetiana Anderson, NY1 television reporter. Park entrance at 218th Street & Indian Road (in Inwood Hill Park),
Summer on the Hudson: 9th Annual Mamapalooza Extravaganza!
12:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. Music and art-filled afternoon featuring mom bands, an especially fabulous lady emcee, as well as a Gymboree Play Tent, arts & crafts, ecoenvironmental information, food, vendors, interactive fun.11:00 a.m. pre-event fitness class on Pier I open to all. Pier I (in Riverside Park South, 70th St), Manhattan
- As Hawaiians catch their breath following the missile scare, scrutiny reached the White House and how it grappled with the mistaken alarm
- They spent 38 minutes in Hawaii thinking they were under attack. Here's what they said to their loved ones.
- See how people reacted to the false missile threat
- Hawaii has been preparing for a missile attack; now its credibility is under fire
- False missile alert interrupts basketball game
- What went wrong with Hawaii's false emergency alert
- 13 people held captive in home, police say
- Danish police charge 1,000 young people with 'distribution of child porn'
- Detroit man deported to Mexico after 30 years in US
- Source: Rogue Venezuelan helicopter pilot killed by police
- Turpin: Shackled siblings found in Perris, California home
- Carillion: Small firms' support ends in 48 hours
- Top US gymnast Biles reveals abuse
- Australian father's instinct helps find trapped son
- 'Staggering' trade in fake degrees revealed
- Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies
- Iceland aims to be plastic free by 2023
- Product safety flaws 'exposed by Whirlpool danger dryers'
- Firefighter catches child from burning building
- £350m Brexit claim was 'too low', says Boris Johnson