For a May Day rally on May 2nd 2 students were arrested and a peace officer hospitalized.
Adam Yauch one of the Beastie Boys passed away. He was raised in Brooklyn.
Sustainable CUNY Wins EPA’s Highest Award the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) awarded Sustainable CUNY, of the City University of New York (CUNY), the prestigious 2012 Environmental Quality Award for its effort to support large scale solar adoption as lead for the NYC Solar America City Partnership. The Partnership won a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) to design and build the NYC Solar Map, as part of a comprehensive solar plan for NYC. A mission to achieve a 30% reduction in Green House Gas (GHG) emissions by 2030. The focused initiative of the Partnership has helped lead to an 800% increase of solar energy capacity in New York City since 2007 while the number of NYC Solar installation companies has quadrupled.
CUNY, on behalf of NYC and with the support of over 30 organizations, recently won a third consecutive award from the Department of Energy through its SunShot Initiative ‘Rooftop Solar Challenge’, part of a national effort to make solar energy cost competitive with other forms of energy by the end of the decade.
- President's own comments about Sessions' recusal in Russia probe raised pressure on the Attorney General
- Cillizza: Trump doesn't want to fire the AG. He wants him to quit
- In tweet, Trump calls House intel's top Democrat 'sleazy'
- Sessions responds to Trump's rebuke
- Kushner: 'I did not collude' with Russians
- What you need to know about Kushner's statement
- Congressman: Kushner confirms news Trump called 'fake'
- Conway, Stelter spar over Russia coverage
- Moon's interior may contain water, scientists say
- Charlie Gard's parents give up battle to take son to US
- Charlie Gard parents give up legal fight
- Charlie Gard: Parents pay tribute to son as legal fight ends
- Switzerland chainsaw attack: Police hunt Schaffhausen attacker
- Liam Fox downplays UK-US chlorinated chicken differences
- Devon drugs death girl 'paid ultimate price'
- Tourists warned over exchange rate costs
- More than 2,500 products subject to shrinkflation, says ONS
- US-Russia probe: Trump son-in-law Kushner denies collusion
- Missing skull found during Corrie Mckeague search 'was not his'
- Prince William: I talk to the children about 'Granny Diana'