For a May Day rally on May 2nd 2 students were arrested and a peace officer hospitalized.
Adam Yauch one of the Beastie Boys passed away. He was raised in Brooklyn.
Sustainable CUNY Wins EPA’s Highest Award the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) awarded Sustainable CUNY, of the City University of New York (CUNY), the prestigious 2012 Environmental Quality Award for its effort to support large scale solar adoption as lead for the NYC Solar America City Partnership. The Partnership won a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) to design and build the NYC Solar Map, as part of a comprehensive solar plan for NYC. A mission to achieve a 30% reduction in Green House Gas (GHG) emissions by 2030. The focused initiative of the Partnership has helped lead to an 800% increase of solar energy capacity in New York City since 2007 while the number of NYC Solar installation companies has quadrupled.
CUNY, on behalf of NYC and with the support of over 30 organizations, recently won a third consecutive award from the Department of Energy through its SunShot Initiative ‘Rooftop Solar Challenge’, part of a national effort to make solar energy cost competitive with other forms of energy by the end of the decade.
- The President treasures his political base to the point that a climbdown over traumatized kids is unthinkable
- Lewandowski on undocumented child with Down syndrome separated from mother: 'Womp womp'
- Don Lemon rips Lewandowski's reaction to separation
- Report: Migrant babies held in 'tender age' shelters
- Trump's Hill meeting 'didn't move the ball' on immigration
- What Trump supporters think of family separations
- Hear what lawmakers yelled at Trump
- Protesters jeer DHS chief at Mexican restaurant
- Opinion: Why Trump figures he can win with harsh border policy
- Michael Cohen 'willing to give info' on Trump, friends say
- Gosport hospital deaths: Prescribed painkillers 'shortened 456 lives'
- US child detention pictures disturbing - Theresa May
- US quits 'biased' UN human rights council
- Man arrested over Southgate Tube station explosion
- The FBI said I was my parents' stolen baby - but I found the truth
- British Airways cancels 'incorrectly' cheap tickets
- Italy migrants: Benetton criticised over ad campaign
- Commons set for Brexit vote showdown
- Beer could fall flat for World Cup as CO2 runs short
- Guy Verhofstadt warns MPs of 'two decade' Brexit ratification