For a May Day rally on May 2nd 2 students were arrested and a peace officer hospitalized.
Adam Yauch one of the Beastie Boys passed away. He was raised in Brooklyn.
Sustainable CUNY Wins EPA’s Highest Award the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) awarded Sustainable CUNY, of the City University of New York (CUNY), the prestigious 2012 Environmental Quality Award for its effort to support large scale solar adoption as lead for the NYC Solar America City Partnership. The Partnership won a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) to design and build the NYC Solar Map, as part of a comprehensive solar plan for NYC. A mission to achieve a 30% reduction in Green House Gas (GHG) emissions by 2030. The focused initiative of the Partnership has helped lead to an 800% increase of solar energy capacity in New York City since 2007 while the number of NYC Solar installation companies has quadrupled.
CUNY, on behalf of NYC and with the support of over 30 organizations, recently won a third consecutive award from the Department of Energy through its SunShot Initiative ‘Rooftop Solar Challenge’, part of a national effort to make solar energy cost competitive with other forms of energy by the end of the decade.
- They survived the California fires. Now, the crisis is finding a place to stay in an area where housing was already scarce
- Toxic tensions in the heart of 'Cancer Alley'
- Bigger battles are rising from the ashes of the war on ISIS
- Wife of former HHS secretary on people with HIV: How about quarantine?
- Police: Woman's death in freezer an accident
- Man accused of recording teen's suicide
- Spain to reveal steps for Catalonia direct rule
- WHO under fire for Mugabe ambassadorship
- Australia gets a letter from North Korea
- Police: 3 men made Nazi salutes, shot at protesters after Richard Spencer event
- Spain expected to impose Catalonia direct rule
- Motorway roadworks speed limit could be increased
- Mugabe named as goodwill ambassador by WHO
- Storm Brian: Gale-force winds and high seas hit UK coast
- Islamic State and the crisis in Iraq and Syria in maps
- Modelling debut for boy, 11, with Down's syndrome
- Ballet hoping to help heal Charleston's wounds
- Man arrested after knife attack in Munich
- Is now the time to raise interest rates?
- Missing California hikers died in apparent murder-suicide