For a May Day rally on May 2nd 2 students were arrested and a peace officer hospitalized.
Adam Yauch one of the Beastie Boys passed away. He was raised in Brooklyn.
Sustainable CUNY Wins EPA’s Highest Award the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) awarded Sustainable CUNY, of the City University of New York (CUNY), the prestigious 2012 Environmental Quality Award for its effort to support large scale solar adoption as lead for the NYC Solar America City Partnership. The Partnership won a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) to design and build the NYC Solar Map, as part of a comprehensive solar plan for NYC. A mission to achieve a 30% reduction in Green House Gas (GHG) emissions by 2030. The focused initiative of the Partnership has helped lead to an 800% increase of solar energy capacity in New York City since 2007 while the number of NYC Solar installation companies has quadrupled.
CUNY, on behalf of NYC and with the support of over 30 organizations, recently won a third consecutive award from the Department of Energy through its SunShot Initiative ‘Rooftop Solar Challenge’, part of a national effort to make solar energy cost competitive with other forms of energy by the end of the decade.
- As Hawaiians catch their breath following the missile scare, scrutiny reached the White House and how it grappled with the mistaken alarm
- They spent 38 minutes in Hawaii thinking they were under attack. Here's what they said to their loved ones.
- See how people reacted to the false missile threat
- Hawaii has been preparing for a missile attack; now its credibility is under fire
- False missile alert interrupts basketball game
- What went wrong with Hawaii's false emergency alert
- 13 people held captive in home, police say
- Danish police charge 1,000 young people with 'distribution of child porn'
- Detroit man deported to Mexico after 30 years in US
- Source: Rogue Venezuelan helicopter pilot killed by police
- Turpin: Shackled siblings found in Perris, California home
- Carillion: Small firms' support ends in 48 hours
- Top US gymnast Biles reveals abuse
- Australian father's instinct helps find trapped son
- 'Staggering' trade in fake degrees revealed
- Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies
- Iceland aims to be plastic free by 2023
- Product safety flaws 'exposed by Whirlpool danger dryers'
- Firefighter catches child from burning building
- £350m Brexit claim was 'too low', says Boris Johnson