“America through a Chinese Lens surveys photography“.
Till September 10 at the Museum of Chinese in America, 215 Centre St. (Centre/Grand) Manhattan, NY 212-619-4785.
Shot by contemporary Chinese and Chinese American artists, documentary photographers and non-professionals, identifying the specific ways in which the Chinese have used the camera to see this country – its beauty, contradictions, and realities. Also snapshots taken by new immigrants from the 1950s to today which have been selected from MOCA’s permanent collection.
Youth Street Hockey Festival, Saturday, 10a.m.–5p.m.
The day will include free hockey clinics in Skill Zones, face painting, human puck races and more. There will be Coca-Cola product sampling and giveaways focused on healthy hydration. Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum, 12th Avenue and 46th Street, Manhattan.
Annual Antique Auto Show, Sunday, 11a.m.–4p.m. Classic cars, memorabilia, historic house tours, hayrides, and food. Queens County Farm Museum (in Queens Farm Park) 73-50 Little Neck Pkwy Floral Park, Queens.
- Cillizza: As the Russia investigation grinds on, the President surrounds himself with loyalists
- US to Iran: Release American prisoners or face 'serious consequences'
- US to ban Americans from visiting North Korea
- First woman enlists to become a Navy SEAL
- Teens who taunted drowning man now could face charges
- Minneapolis police chief resigns in wake of shooting of woman who called 911
- Hawaii to test nuclear warning system amid North Korea's threats
- 2 Baltimore cops plead guilty to racketeering, admit armed robberies
- China will import US rice for the first time
- Charlie Gard's parents storm out of court
- Boots apologises for morning-after pill response
- Sean Spicer quits: White House press secretary plays down 'row'
- Justine Damond shooting: Police chief Janee Harteau quits
- Three Israelis stabbed to death in West Bank attack
- UK to bring in drone registration
- Prince George photo marks fourth birthday
- Philippines Duterte: Martial law extended in Mindanao
- Linkin Park cancel North American tour after Chester Bennington death
- Thomas Morris' father meets the man who wrote to him after son's suicide
- Children in temporary housing up a third since 2014