“America through a Chinese Lens surveys photography“.
Till September 10 at the Museum of Chinese in America, 215 Centre St. (Centre/Grand) Manhattan, NY 212-619-4785.
Shot by contemporary Chinese and Chinese American artists, documentary photographers and non-professionals, identifying the specific ways in which the Chinese have used the camera to see this country – its beauty, contradictions, and realities. Also snapshots taken by new immigrants from the 1950s to today which have been selected from MOCA’s permanent collection.
Youth Street Hockey Festival, Saturday, 10a.m.–5p.m.
The day will include free hockey clinics in Skill Zones, face painting, human puck races and more. There will be Coca-Cola product sampling and giveaways focused on healthy hydration. Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum, 12th Avenue and 46th Street, Manhattan.
Annual Antique Auto Show, Sunday, 11a.m.–4p.m. Classic cars, memorabilia, historic house tours, hayrides, and food. Queens County Farm Museum (in Queens Farm Park) 73-50 Little Neck Pkwy Floral Park, Queens.
- James Shaw Jr. interrupted a Waffle House shooting that left four people dead
- Suspect thought Taylor Swift was stalking him and had breached White House security, police say
- Gunman fled the scene naked. A manhunt is underway
- Hero in shooting: He was going to have to work to kill me
- What we know about the Waffle House shooting
- Opinion: America worships its cult of guns
- Four presidents come together to pay tribute to Barbara Bush
- Kellyanne Conway to Dana Bash: OK, you went there
- Conway says asking about her husband's anti-Trump tweets is a 'double standard'
- Analysis: Trump's score-settling creates jarring contrast
- Brexit: Government insists UK will leave customs union
- Royal baby: Duchess of Cambridge goes into labour
- Paris attack suspect Salah Abdeslam convicted in Belgium
- Elderly dog helps save girl lost in Australian bush
- Britons killed in Saudi Arabia coach crash
- France approves controversial immigration bill
- South Korea turns off loudspeaker broadcasts into North
- £6m pledge for children of alcoholics
- Capita to raise £700m as losses deepen
- TSB customers report online problems