Earth Day this Saturday celebrate with festivities in Grand Central Terminal and Times Square. Indoors, see exhibitions by green companies, technological innovations, educational exhibitions, special screenings, panel discussions and other programming. Outdoors enjoy green art, music and costumed characters. Over in Times Square, meanwhile, see a green car show, interactive exhibitions and speakers.
The Tribeca Film Festival provides a platform for innovative filmmakers to showcase their latest work. The 2012 program will feature films of all stripes: crowd-pleasing blockbusters-to-be, provocative documentaries, foreign films, shorts and free outdoor screenings, plus a cornucopia of panel discussions and lectures, with the likes of Robert De Niro, Judd Apatow, Michael Moore and Susan Sarandon.
The First Harlem Earth Day Sunday 10 A.M.–4 P.M.
Concert and planting workshop, kids yoga classes, art installations and arts & crafts, catch & release fishing, an urban gardening workshop, storytelling and instrument making.
April 24 Record Store Day at record stores citywide is a day full of exclusive releases, live performances and other extra-special offers and events. recordstoreday.com.
- It seems certain that the imagery and feelings stirred by kids being separated from their parents will linger
- See the moment 7-year-old reunites with mom
- Children allege grave abuse at detention centers
- Emails suggest 'zero tolerance' effectively on hold
- Anderson Cooper: Is your head spinning yet?
- GOP pushes immigration vote into next week
- She got her son back after suing the Trump administration
- The big business of housing immigrant children
- 'The Conners' is happening without Roseanne, ABC says
- Charles Krauthammer, legendary conservative intellectual, dies at 68
- Airbus warns no-deal Brexit could see it leave UK
- EU tariffs on US goods come into force
- Church of England 's 2010 abuse inquiry was 'flawed' and 'failed'
- The story of Rashan Charles and the police
- Arizona Uber crash driver was 'watching TV'
- Windrush anniversary celebrated at Westminster Abbey
- XXXTentacion's girlfriend is pregnant
- Melania wears 'I really don't care do u?' jacket on migrant visit
- Bomb threat closes London's Charing Cross station
- High Court refuses bid for gender-neutral passports