Earth Day this Saturday celebrate with festivities in Grand Central Terminal and Times Square. Indoors, see exhibitions by green companies, technological innovations, educational exhibitions, special screenings, panel discussions and other programming. Outdoors enjoy green art, music and costumed characters. Over in Times Square, meanwhile, see a green car show, interactive exhibitions and speakers.
The Tribeca Film Festival provides a platform for innovative filmmakers to showcase their latest work. The 2012 program will feature films of all stripes: crowd-pleasing blockbusters-to-be, provocative documentaries, foreign films, shorts and free outdoor screenings, plus a cornucopia of panel discussions and lectures, with the likes of Robert De Niro, Judd Apatow, Michael Moore and Susan Sarandon.
The First Harlem Earth Day Sunday 10 A.M.–4 P.M.
Concert and planting workshop, kids yoga classes, art installations and arts & crafts, catch & release fishing, an urban gardening workshop, storytelling and instrument making.
April 24 Record Store Day at record stores citywide is a day full of exclusive releases, live performances and other extra-special offers and events. recordstoreday.com.
- Senate Dem leader met with Trump but says 'we still have a good number of disagreements'
- CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats
- Analysis: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Here comes the government shutdown
- Trump in 2013: President responsible for shutdown
- Here's what the last government shutdown looked like
- Opinion: What's really behind this cynical showdown
- GOP senator: We don't know where party is on DACA
- Why isn't the Stormy Daniels story a bigger deal?
- WSJ: Trump lawyer paid porn star through private company
- CNN Poll: Trump's approval rating edges up
- Ministers won't fight serial rapist release
- Las Vegas shooting: Police say gunman's girlfriend won't face charges
- Theresa May to meet Donald Trump in Davos
- Nassar case: Gold medallists Raisman and Wieber face abuser
- Church of England warns future of Down's 'under question'
- Dolores O'Riordan: Funeral arranged for next week
- US shutdown: Senate bill on verge of collapse amid rancour
- Jewish leaders call on Inner North London coroner to quit
- Coca-Cola pledges to recycle all packaging by 2030
- The man risking his life to save pink dolphins