US News & World Report Ranks Brooklyn College Among the Best Four Brooklyn College graduate programs garnered national attention when US News & World Report selected them for its newly released annual rankings of the best graduate school programs in the country.
A Brooklyn College alumna, Mrs. Benanti has been recognized by a number of local charitable organizations including the Miss Staten Island Scholarship Organization, the Staten Island Friends for Hospice Care, The Emergency Children’s Health Organization (E.C.H.O.), New Direction Services and the Pakistani Civic Association, among others.
Community Board Member Focuses on Future Patch.com
On May 2 Community Board 14 will be holding its Fifth Annual Youth Conference at the Brooklyn College Student Center to recruit those aged 12-19 for jobs, internships and volunteer positions. More information is available at http://cb14brooklyn.com/youth.
Richard Horowitz, Who Makes Timpanis Sing, To Retire After 66 Years at Met WQXR Radio (blog) He studied at Brooklyn College and Juilliard.
Two White Plains natives are returning to the halls of White Plains High School this week to film a 10-minute comedy pitting the Walter Peterman High School janitor, Boomer, against an aerobics teacher who stole the state championship from him years ago in a competition for the school’s track team coaching position. Andrew Southard, a Brooklyn College student, enlisted fellow White Plains High alumni Michael Gugger, a sophomore at the School of Visual Arts, and three others to help make his senior thesis movie entitled “Boomer.” “Boomer” will be shown at the Brooklyn College Film Festival May 27. Cinematographer Eric Gentry
is a Brooklyn College senior. “It’s just a redemptive story so I think people will get behind it. Everyone likes an underdog.”
- Protestors repeatedly interrupted a hearing on the GOP plan to repeal Obamacare, which is one 'no' vote away from being scuttled
- Hearing on health care bill
- 9 p.m. ET: CNN's Monday night health care debate
- Protesters disrupt health care bill hearing
- Opinion: On healthcare, let's do the impossible
- Here are the senators that are undecided on health care vote
- 'It looks like a bomb went off' in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico got Irma-level winds and Harvey-level flooding
- Pope accused of spreading heresy
- N. Korea threatens to shoot down US planes
- North Korea accuses US of declaring war
- John McDonnell 'would bring existing PFI contracts in-house'
- Third of state schools in cash deficit
- Oxford student Lavinia Woodward spared jail for knife attack
- Model Chloe Ayling kidnap case a publicity stunt, court told
- First appearance together for Harry and Meghan
- Child 'was shown IS beheading video by Leicester man'
- Brexit: Davis sees 'no excuse for standing in way of progress'
- German election: Merkel vows to win back right-wing voters
- Uber: London Mayor Sadiq Khan backs talks after firm's apology