US News & World Report Ranks Brooklyn College Among the Best Four Brooklyn College graduate programs garnered national attention when US News & World Report selected them for its newly released annual rankings of the best graduate school programs in the country.
A Brooklyn College alumna, Mrs. Benanti has been recognized by a number of local charitable organizations including the Miss Staten Island Scholarship Organization, the Staten Island Friends for Hospice Care, The Emergency Children’s Health Organization (E.C.H.O.), New Direction Services and the Pakistani Civic Association, among others.
Community Board Member Focuses on Future Patch.com
On May 2 Community Board 14 will be holding its Fifth Annual Youth Conference at the Brooklyn College Student Center to recruit those aged 12-19 for jobs, internships and volunteer positions. More information is available at http://cb14brooklyn.com/youth.
Richard Horowitz, Who Makes Timpanis Sing, To Retire After 66 Years at Met WQXR Radio (blog) He studied at Brooklyn College and Juilliard.
Two White Plains natives are returning to the halls of White Plains High School this week to film a 10-minute comedy pitting the Walter Peterman High School janitor, Boomer, against an aerobics teacher who stole the state championship from him years ago in a competition for the school’s track team coaching position. Andrew Southard, a Brooklyn College student, enlisted fellow White Plains High alumni Michael Gugger, a sophomore at the School of Visual Arts, and three others to help make his senior thesis movie entitled “Boomer.” “Boomer” will be shown at the Brooklyn College Film Festival May 27. Cinematographer Eric Gentry
is a Brooklyn College senior. “It’s just a redemptive story so I think people will get behind it. Everyone likes an underdog.”
- The Democrat says Trump should step down over accusations of sexual assault: 'These allegations are credible; they are numerous'
- Women detail sexual allegations against Trump
- Analysis: Trump's #MeToo moment is here
- Nikki Haley: Trump's accusers should be heard
- Opinion: Are men really clueless about sexual harassment?
- NYC terror suspect pledged allegiance to ISIS, source says
- Video shows Port Authority explosion
- White House claims Trump's immigration plans could have prevented attack
- California fires have burned 1,000 structures
- 'The Chew' co-host steps away amid sexual misconduct allegations
- UK snow: Forecasters predicting coldest night of year
- New York Port Authority attack: Man held after Manhattan blast
- Huntington’s breakthrough may stop disease
- Keith Chegwin: 'True telly legend' dies aged 60
- Skin betting: 500,000 children gamble every week, Gambling Commission warns
- Three children die in suspicious house fire in Salford
- Theresa May says Brexit deal 'good news' for all voters
- Trump sex harassment accusers demand congressional inquiry
- Oxford teacher investigated for 'misgendering' to sue school
- Margaret Hodge repays £2.97 after Garden Bridge apology