US News & World Report Ranks Brooklyn College Among the Best Four Brooklyn College graduate programs garnered national attention when US News & World Report selected them for its newly released annual rankings of the best graduate school programs in the country.
A Brooklyn College alumna, Mrs. Benanti has been recognized by a number of local charitable organizations including the Miss Staten Island Scholarship Organization, the Staten Island Friends for Hospice Care, The Emergency Children’s Health Organization (E.C.H.O.), New Direction Services and the Pakistani Civic Association, among others.
Community Board Member Focuses on Future Patch.com
On May 2 Community Board 14 will be holding its Fifth Annual Youth Conference at the Brooklyn College Student Center to recruit those aged 12-19 for jobs, internships and volunteer positions. More information is available at http://cb14brooklyn.com/youth.
Richard Horowitz, Who Makes Timpanis Sing, To Retire After 66 Years at Met WQXR Radio (blog) He studied at Brooklyn College and Juilliard.
Two White Plains natives are returning to the halls of White Plains High School this week to film a 10-minute comedy pitting the Walter Peterman High School janitor, Boomer, against an aerobics teacher who stole the state championship from him years ago in a competition for the school’s track team coaching position. Andrew Southard, a Brooklyn College student, enlisted fellow White Plains High alumni Michael Gugger, a sophomore at the School of Visual Arts, and three others to help make his senior thesis movie entitled “Boomer.” “Boomer” will be shown at the Brooklyn College Film Festival May 27. Cinematographer Eric Gentry
is a Brooklyn College senior. “It’s just a redemptive story so I think people will get behind it. Everyone likes an underdog.”
- Supreme Court allows immediate ban on people from 6 Muslim-majority nations who lack 'bonafide' ties to US
- Justices will hear arguments in travel ban case this fall
- Appeals court clears way for review of immigrant vetting
- Court cites Trump tweets in travel ban ruling
- Supreme Court agrees to hear wedding cake case
- Analysis: Trump can shape the court with one retirement
- When the only thing standing between you and health care is your ZIP code
- Senate GOP health bill would slash Medicaid. Here's how
- Opinion: Why US health care costs defy common sense
- Mom tweets son's large hospital bill
- Conservatives agree pact with DUP to support May government
- Grenfell Tower: Cladding firm ends global sales for tower blocks
- Trump travel ban injunction lifted in part by Supreme Court
- Theresa May sets out post-Brexit offer on EU citizens
- Painter Salvador Dali's body to be exhumed for paternity suit
- HMS Queen Elizabeth : How to land a plane on new ship
- Man dies after taking 'potent' MDMA drug in Oldham
- Camber Sands death beach 'has hidden dangers'
- Ex-Archbishop Lord Carey resigns after child abuse review
- Al-Qaeda: Kidnapped Swede Johan Gustafsson freed after six years