US News & World Report Ranks Brooklyn College Among the Best Four Brooklyn College graduate programs garnered national attention when US News & World Report selected them for its newly released annual rankings of the best graduate school programs in the country.
A Brooklyn College alumna, Mrs. Benanti has been recognized by a number of local charitable organizations including the Miss Staten Island Scholarship Organization, the Staten Island Friends for Hospice Care, The Emergency Children’s Health Organization (E.C.H.O.), New Direction Services and the Pakistani Civic Association, among others.
Community Board Member Focuses on Future Patch.com
On May 2 Community Board 14 will be holding its Fifth Annual Youth Conference at the Brooklyn College Student Center to recruit those aged 12-19 for jobs, internships and volunteer positions. More information is available at http://cb14brooklyn.com/youth.
Richard Horowitz, Who Makes Timpanis Sing, To Retire After 66 Years at Met WQXR Radio (blog) He studied at Brooklyn College and Juilliard.
Two White Plains natives are returning to the halls of White Plains High School this week to film a 10-minute comedy pitting the Walter Peterman High School janitor, Boomer, against an aerobics teacher who stole the state championship from him years ago in a competition for the school’s track team coaching position. Andrew Southard, a Brooklyn College student, enlisted fellow White Plains High alumni Michael Gugger, a sophomore at the School of Visual Arts, and three others to help make his senior thesis movie entitled “Boomer.” “Boomer” will be shown at the Brooklyn College Film Festival May 27. Cinematographer Eric Gentry
is a Brooklyn College senior. “It’s just a redemptive story so I think people will get behind it. Everyone likes an underdog.”
- Facebook CEO sits down with CNN to address info breach involving firm with ties to Trump campaign
- It was a mistake to trust Cambridge Analytica, Zuckerberg says
- Zuckerberg breaks his silence in a Facebook post
- Zuckerberg: 'I'm really sorry that this happened'
- Opinion: I ditched Facebook in 2013, and it's been fine
- Zuckerberg's mentor: Crisis of trust threatens to destroy the company
- Inside the Trump campaign's ties with Cambridge Analytica
- Understanding the Cambridge Analytica controversy
- Cambridge Analytica CEO: I met Trump 'many times'
- Opinion: Why Cambridge Analytica's brag about weaponizing 'Crooked Hillary' slogan matters
- Facebook's Zuckerberg admits mistakes over Cambridge Analytica
- Putin 'will use World Cup like Hitler's Olympics'
- Brexit: EU leaders set to discuss transition agreement
- A blueberry muffin 'could have day's worth of sugar'
- Ant McPartlin charged with drink driving
- Are black knife deaths being ignored?
- 'Serious fire' at hotel in Dublin
- Shoreham air crash: Pilot Andy Hill to be charged over deaths
- 'Radical change' needed on countryside
- Red Arrows crash: Cpl Jonathan Bayliss named as victim