2 and 5 train not running near the college, there is a shuttle bus service to Franklin Avenue. Titanic History Walking Tour, two-hour tour stops at Pier 54 and the West 14th Street Macy’s, which was partly owned by Isidor Straus, one of the ship’s casualties. (Saturday at 1 p.m. and Sunday at noon, Greenwich Village; $20 (for info 212-465-3331)
Presentation: ‘Titanic Sinks!’: Commemorate the 100th Anniversary of One of the Twentieth Century’s Most Infamous Disasters” Barry Denenberg, author of the historical-fiction book “Titanic Sinks!”, will give a presentation designed for younger readers. (Sunday, 1 p.m. at the New-York Historical Society, 170 Central Park West; $15 for adults, $12 for seniors, $10 for students, $5 for children and free for members)
Tarton Day-Scottish Parade, Saturday up Sixth Ave 45th St. to 55th Street, NY. See the pipers and drummers, and enjoy some festive Scottish music and fun, beginning at 2pm.
Prospect Park Parade to start the spring season. Saturday Opening Day Parade starts at 7th Avenue & 2nd Street, ends at the Bandshell.
Mini Cherry Blossom Festival Saturday 11 a.m. at Sakura Park at Grant’s Circle on West 122nd Street and Riverside Drive. It will be followed by a festival conce. The Havana Film Festival New York till April 22, Multiple locations, Food Truck Rally billed as a delicious offerings of the City’s best food trucks Sunday, 11 A.M.–5 P.M. At Grand Army Plaza. This event repeats on the 3rd Sunday of every month between 4/15/2012 and 10/18/2012. Popular eateries are Red Hook Lobster Pound, Kimchi Taco, Cupcake Stop, Rickshaw Dumpling Truck and the Coffee purveyor The Mudtruck
- Cillizza: As the Russia investigation grinds on, the President surrounds himself with loyalists
- US to Iran: Release American prisoners or face 'serious consequences'
- US to ban Americans from visiting North Korea
- First woman enlists to become a Navy SEAL
- Teens who taunted drowning man now could face charges
- Minneapolis police chief resigns in wake of shooting of woman who called 911
- Hawaii to test nuclear warning system amid North Korea's threats
- 2 Baltimore cops plead guilty to racketeering, admit armed robberies
- China will import US rice for the first time
- Charlie Gard's parents storm out of court
- Boots apologises for morning-after pill response
- Sean Spicer quits: White House press secretary plays down 'row'
- Justine Damond shooting: Police chief Janee Harteau quits
- Three Israelis stabbed to death in West Bank attack
- UK to bring in drone registration
- Prince George photo marks fourth birthday
- Philippines Duterte: Martial law extended in Mindanao
- Linkin Park cancel North American tour after Chester Bennington death
- Thomas Morris' father meets the man who wrote to him after son's suicide
- Children in temporary housing up a third since 2014