2 and 5 train not running near the college, there is a shuttle bus service to Franklin Avenue. Titanic History Walking Tour, two-hour tour stops at Pier 54 and the West 14th Street Macy’s, which was partly owned by Isidor Straus, one of the ship’s casualties. (Saturday at 1 p.m. and Sunday at noon, Greenwich Village; $20 (for info 212-465-3331)
Presentation: ‘Titanic Sinks!’: Commemorate the 100th Anniversary of One of the Twentieth Century’s Most Infamous Disasters” Barry Denenberg, author of the historical-fiction book “Titanic Sinks!”, will give a presentation designed for younger readers. (Sunday, 1 p.m. at the New-York Historical Society, 170 Central Park West; $15 for adults, $12 for seniors, $10 for students, $5 for children and free for members)
Tarton Day-Scottish Parade, Saturday up Sixth Ave 45th St. to 55th Street, NY. See the pipers and drummers, and enjoy some festive Scottish music and fun, beginning at 2pm.
Prospect Park Parade to start the spring season. Saturday Opening Day Parade starts at 7th Avenue & 2nd Street, ends at the Bandshell.
Mini Cherry Blossom Festival Saturday 11 a.m. at Sakura Park at Grant’s Circle on West 122nd Street and Riverside Drive. It will be followed by a festival conce. The Havana Film Festival New York till April 22, Multiple locations, Food Truck Rally billed as a delicious offerings of the City’s best food trucks Sunday, 11 A.M.–5 P.M. At Grand Army Plaza. This event repeats on the 3rd Sunday of every month between 4/15/2012 and 10/18/2012. Popular eateries are Red Hook Lobster Pound, Kimchi Taco, Cupcake Stop, Rickshaw Dumpling Truck and the Coffee purveyor The Mudtruck
- 'How do I locate my child(ren)?' is part of the document US gives to immigrant parents arrested at the border
- Laura Bush pens scathing column on child separation
- Melania Trump says US should govern 'with heart'
- Five dead after high-speed Border Patrol chase in Texas
- Immigration officials detain legal US resident
- Angry lawmaker bangs on window and confronts authorities
- Democratic lawmakers visit immigration centers in south Texas
- FBI agent says he's willing to testify before Congress
- What life in jail is like for Paul Manafort
- Former Trump operative met with Russian who wanted $2M for Clinton dirt
- US child migrants: Melania speaks out on Trump's separation policy
- NHS funding: PM calls for 10-year plan to spend cash
- David Dimbleby to leave Question Time
- Computer game addiction: 'I spend 20 plus hours a week gaming'
- Billy Caldwell: Senior MP urges reform over medical cannabis
- Taking a stand against sexism and racism in the advertising industry
- Children in 'inhumane solitary confinement'
- Debit card payments more popular than cash
- Defence spend rise urged over Russian threat
- Upskirting row: MP Sir Christopher Chope says he supports ban