2 and 5 train not running near the college, there is a shuttle bus service to Franklin Avenue. Titanic History Walking Tour, two-hour tour stops at Pier 54 and the West 14th Street Macy’s, which was partly owned by Isidor Straus, one of the ship’s casualties. (Saturday at 1 p.m. and Sunday at noon, Greenwich Village; $20 (for info 212-465-3331)
Presentation: ‘Titanic Sinks!’: Commemorate the 100th Anniversary of One of the Twentieth Century’s Most Infamous Disasters” Barry Denenberg, author of the historical-fiction book “Titanic Sinks!”, will give a presentation designed for younger readers. (Sunday, 1 p.m. at the New-York Historical Society, 170 Central Park West; $15 for adults, $12 for seniors, $10 for students, $5 for children and free for members)
Tarton Day-Scottish Parade, Saturday up Sixth Ave 45th St. to 55th Street, NY. See the pipers and drummers, and enjoy some festive Scottish music and fun, beginning at 2pm.
Prospect Park Parade to start the spring season. Saturday Opening Day Parade starts at 7th Avenue & 2nd Street, ends at the Bandshell.
Mini Cherry Blossom Festival Saturday 11 a.m. at Sakura Park at Grant’s Circle on West 122nd Street and Riverside Drive. It will be followed by a festival conce. The Havana Film Festival New York till April 22, Multiple locations, Food Truck Rally billed as a delicious offerings of the City’s best food trucks Sunday, 11 A.M.–5 P.M. At Grand Army Plaza. This event repeats on the 3rd Sunday of every month between 4/15/2012 and 10/18/2012. Popular eateries are Red Hook Lobster Pound, Kimchi Taco, Cupcake Stop, Rickshaw Dumpling Truck and the Coffee purveyor The Mudtruck
- The Pentagon briefing was a striking change in tone from the public response of the Trump administration
- Ex-mayor rips Trump's call to Gold Star widow
- White House explains why condolence letters were expedited
- Analysis: Donald Trump just hit a new low
- Myeshia Johnson: Trump's call made me cry
- Widow reveals new details about Trump's call
- Analysis: Comey confirms he's 'Reinhold Niebuhr'
- Stephen Hawking's thesis crashes Cambridge website
- Analysis: McCain's cold revenge on Trump
- Opinion: What happened when Trump showed me his foot
- Nuneaton bowling alley siege: Man charged
- Teenager's life 'ruined' by Live.me and Twitter 'trolls'
- Police 'let down' modern slavery victims, says report
- Was Harry Styles groped as he sang on stage at concert?
- 'One-off' £1.5m supercar damaged in crash at Tangmere
- Ivory seizures hit record levels last year, report says
- Myeshia Johnson: Soldier's widow says Trump made me cry
- Disabled 'losing out on jobs' over Access to Work cap
- Eddie Izzard to stand again for Labour executive
- MP Jared O'Mara quits equalities committee over homophobic remarks