Woody Guthrie, America’s iconic folk singer his 100th birthday is coming up. “This Land is Your Land” was a famous song of his. The Grammy Museum and Woody Guthrie Publications have partnered together to put on a series of events, encapsulated under the title, “Woody 100.” The events take place on a multi-city tour that charts Guthrie’s travels throughout the country. Stops include four college campuses: University of Tulsa, Penn State University, Brooklyn College, and USC. The colleges’ locations were chosen for their contribution as landmarks in Guthrie’s journey. Invited to join the Grammy Museum and Woody Guthrie Publications on their journey to celebrate Guthrie’s legacy is Music2Life, “the leading organization harnessing the power of music for social change – through technology, artist engagement, and education – for current and new generations of musicians, fans and causes,” founded by Noel Paul Stookey (of Peter, Paul & Mary) and his daughter, Elizabeth Stookey Sunde. Information from USC’s Anneneberg Neon Tommy’s Cara Palmer.
Village Voice’s Michael Musto mentions Roslyn Kind is coming to Brooklyn College for a concert on Saturday April 28 at 8 PM, accompanied by piano. She is called a sumptuous singer and a really fun person. She is Barbra Streisand’s half sister, James Brolin’s sister-in-law, Josh Brolin’s stepaunt, and Elliot Gould’s ex-sister in-law, but believe me, Roslyn is very much her own person, with talent and personality to spare according to Musto.
There was a Trayvon Martin rally Saturday in Flatbush near the college.
The softball team the Bulldogs of Brooklyn College split a CUNYAC doubleheader with Baruch on a Spring Break Tuesday morning in Brooklyn.
- The Democrat says Trump should step down over accusations of sexual assault: 'These allegations are credible; they are numerous'
- Women detail sexual allegations against Trump
- Analysis: Trump's #MeToo moment is here
- Nikki Haley: Trump's accusers should be heard
- Opinion: Are men really clueless about sexual harassment?
- NYC terror suspect pledged allegiance to ISIS, source says
- Video shows Port Authority explosion
- White House claims Trump's immigration plans could have prevented attack
- California fires have burned 1,000 structures
- 'The Chew' co-host steps away amid sexual misconduct allegations
- UK snow: Forecasters predicting coldest night of year
- New York Port Authority attack: Man held after Manhattan blast
- Huntington’s breakthrough may stop disease
- Keith Chegwin: 'True telly legend' dies aged 60
- Skin betting: 500,000 children gamble every week, Gambling Commission warns
- Three children die in suspicious house fire in Salford
- Theresa May says Brexit deal 'good news' for all voters
- Trump sex harassment accusers demand congressional inquiry
- Oxford teacher investigated for 'misgendering' to sue school
- Margaret Hodge repays £2.97 after Garden Bridge apology