Wednesday’s The Education News says “Jews are having a problem with this provost. He’s making it harder and harder to bring in Jews. He doesn’t want Jews,” said Hershy Friedman, deputy chairman of the Business Department. (Brooklyn College).
Critics cited cases in which they claim Jewish professors were passed over despite being recommended by faculty screening panels. Four cases were cited.
Wednesday’s The NY Post said “CUNY Chancellor Mathew Goldstein ordered a legal review of explosive accusations of job discrimination against female Jewish professors at Brooklyn College, sources said yesterday.”
A CUNY University insider said the review is being done out of an abundance of caution and he remains skeptical of the discrimination claims. Goldstein’s move comes as 20 elected city and state lawmakers signed a letter drafted by Assemblyman Dov Hikind calling for an independent probe.
- They survived the California fires. Now, the crisis is finding a place to stay in an area where housing was already scarce
- Toxic tensions in the heart of 'Cancer Alley'
- Bigger battles are rising from the ashes of the war on ISIS
- Wife of former HHS secretary on people with HIV: How about quarantine?
- Police: Woman's death in freezer an accident
- Man accused of recording teen's suicide
- Spain to reveal steps for Catalonia direct rule
- WHO under fire for Mugabe ambassadorship
- Australia gets a letter from North Korea
- Police: 3 men made Nazi salutes, shot at protesters after Richard Spencer event
- Spain expected to impose Catalonia direct rule
- Motorway roadworks speed limit could be increased
- Mugabe named as goodwill ambassador by WHO
- Storm Brian: Gale-force winds and high seas hit UK coast
- Islamic State and the crisis in Iraq and Syria in maps
- Ballet hoping to help heal Charleston's wounds
- Man arrested after knife attack in Munich
- Is now the time to raise interest rates?
- Tony Warren's script for Coronation Street forerunner found
- Missing California hikers died in apparent murder-suicide