Brooklyn College Dream Team led by Asheka James was on the ABC TV Eyewitness news segment. Covered was the lobby group of students going to Albany for the Dream Team Act. It is to give immigrant status a path for citizenship to undocumented students. They are also doing news story on the educational opportunities for undocumented youth and looking to interview a group to discuss the struggles of undocumented youth in pursue of a better education. firstname.lastname@example.org click on TV link:
Brooklyn Museum free Saturday night galleries, dance, lecture, ballet, hands on art 5pm on.
Floyd Bennett Field’s Ryan Visitor Center Grand Re – opening. Celebrating Gateway’s 40th. There is a Q35 bus on Flatbush Avenue to it passing Kings Plaza and Toys R Us near the Belt Parkway. Event: Saturday and Sunday 9 am – 5 pm. World famous flights occurred here. Step into the historic airport terminal lobby, and be taken back to the “Golden Age of Aviation.” The new exhibits, and the interactive “Discovery Room,” tell the story of Floyd Bennett Field as the first municipal airport, naval air station, and as an urban national park. A full – scale replica of Wiley Post’s Lockheed Vega, the “Winnie Mae,” will be unveiled. Built by the volunteers from Historic Aircraft Restoration Project, this hand built model is the product of over 5 years of meticulous research and construction. Fun activities for all ages, will be available all weekend. Call (718) 338 – 3799, or visit http://www.nps.gov/gate, for more information. Famed aviator’s there were Wiley Post, Amelia Earhart, Howard Hughes, Douglas “Wrong Way” Corrigan and astronaut John Glenn.
International Children Film Festival till March 25 http://www.nycgo.com/events/new-york-international-childrens-film-festival
Central Park Tour from Tavern and the Green inside the Park at 67th Street off Central Park West. Sunday 12:30 –1:30 pm. Discover the sheepfold that became a world famous restaurant, a parade ground that became the Sheep Meadow, the Children’s District, The Mall including its statues and American Elm Trees. For directions, please call (212) 874-7874.
- A former staffer says Rep. Blake Farenthold's crude remarks drove him to quit
- Rep. Farenthold facing new harassment accusations
- GOP Rep. Mia Love: Farenthold should resign
- Farenthold accuser: I couldn't stay in DC
- It's the way you dress, Dem congresswoman tells colleagues
- Al Franken's Senate replacement named
- The inside story of the GOP's Alabama meltdown
- Opinion: How Black women saved democracy
- How black voters boosted Doug Jones to victory in Alabama
- Tapper: Trump lost again, may haunt him
- May heads to Brussels after EU vote loss
- The moment defeat on Brexit vote was announced
- Royals to attend Grenfell fire memorial at St Paul's
- Harvey Weinstein: Salma Hayek alleges he threatened to kill her
- How net neutrality affects you
- White House contradicts Tillerson on North Korea, adding to confusion
- Dublin City Council removes Suu Kyi from honours list
- Chris Froome: Team Sky rider says legacy will not be tainted by 'adverse' drugs test
- Haemophilia A trial results 'mind-blowing'
- Fly-tipping prosecutions at record low in England