An Oasis at the Met Thursday, March 1, 8–11pm FREE
Escape from your books, essays, and exams and celebrate the Museum’s New Galleries for the Art of the Arab Lands, Turkey, Iran, Central Asia, and Later South Asia with the College Group at the Met.
Enjoy music, refreshments, the Museum’s glamorous ambiance, and much more. View the awe-inspiring new galleries on your own or on tours led by College Group committee members, and attend performances by musical guests Zikrayat (8:00 p.m.) and DJ Louie XIV (9:30 pm). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. The event is free with a valid student ID. Guests are encouraged to dress to the nines in their best semiformal attire or national dress.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the creation and installation of the exquisite Moroccan Court, which sits at the heart of the new galleries. For more details contact the Met.
H and R block is preparing taxes free for a few more days.
- The Pentagon briefing was a striking change in tone from the public response of the Trump administration
- Ex-mayor rips Trump's call to Gold Star widow
- White House explains why condolence letters were expedited
- Analysis: Donald Trump just hit a new low
- Myeshia Johnson: Trump's call made me cry
- Widow reveals new details about Trump's call
- Analysis: Comey confirms he's 'Reinhold Niebuhr'
- Stephen Hawking's thesis crashes Cambridge website
- Analysis: McCain's cold revenge on Trump
- Opinion: What happened when Trump showed me his foot
- Nuneaton bowling alley siege: Man charged
- Teenager's life 'ruined' by Live.me and Twitter 'trolls'
- Police 'let down' modern slavery victims, says report
- Was Harry Styles groped as he sang on stage at concert?
- 'One-off' £1.5m supercar damaged in crash at Tangmere
- Ivory seizures hit record levels last year, report says
- Myeshia Johnson: Soldier's widow says Trump made me cry
- Disabled 'losing out on jobs' over Access to Work cap
- Eddie Izzard to stand again for Labour executive
- MP Jared O'Mara quits equalities committee over homophobic remarks