Outsider Art Fair January 27 – 29 7 W 34th Street, Manhattan. In its 20th year the fair still showcases those who create work that is “visionary, intuitive, primitive and self-taught in nature”. The Dance on Camera Festival till January 31 at multiple locations. The festival features/premieres, repertory films and little-seen foreign fare, along with a number of panel discussions and Q&A sessions. U.S. Open Track & Field January 28, 7:30pm; Madison Square Garden Also televised live on ESPN.
Lunar New Year Parade. January 29 Chinatown, Manhattan. Stunning visuals, tantalizing treats and impressive performances. Brooklyn Chinese New Year Celebration 12–4pm Dragon dance, music, performances. Sunset Park Recreation Center (in Sunset Park) 43rd Street at 7th Avenue, Brooklyn.
Tu B’Shevat Celebration. January 29 2–3 pm. Celebrate the Jewish New Year of the Trees by participating in an interactive storytelling musical performance of The Hat Seller and the Monkeys and a shadow puppets presentation Under the Shade of the Mulberry Tree by NYC’s own Play me a Story. Free. Caribbean Garden at The New York Botanical Garden. January 29 10am–5 p.m. This event repeats every week on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 1/21 and 2/26. Discover the Haupt Conservatory’s permanent collection, including orange-yellow crotons, fuchsia bromeliads, and rosy-red hibiscus. Tour the many surprises in the Victorian-style glasshouse, where the harsh outdoor weather gives way to warm rain forest mists, soaring palm trees, and bright desert landscapes. $18 for students.
- Senate's bill breaks a host of Trump's campaign vows
- Conway: Medicaid cut isn't a cut
- Who wins and who loses under Obamacare replacement bill
- Deep cuts to Medicaid put rural hospitals in the crosshairs
- Health care bill loses another GOP vote
- Opinion: Senate bill abandons tens of millions of Americans
- Report: Obama knew Putin was directly involved in hacks
- Trump questions Obama over Russian meddling
- Trump on Mueller: 'We're going to have to see'
- Anthony Kennedy retirement watch at a fever pitch
- Cladding fire tests failed by 27 high-rise blocks
- Camden tower evacuations: Resident confronts Camden Council chief
- Parliament 'hit by cyber-attack'
- China landslide leaves 120 missing in Sichuan
- Jo Cox MP honoured with Commons plaque
- Armed Forces Day: Liverpool leads events across country
- Dizzee Rascal: 'I should be headlining Glastonbury'
- Qatar says list of demands by Arab states not realistic
- Mosul battle: Second French journalist dies after mine blast
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton on pole in Baku