Outsider Art Fair January 27 – 29 7 W 34th Street, Manhattan. In its 20th year the fair still showcases those who create work that is “visionary, intuitive, primitive and self-taught in nature”. The Dance on Camera Festival till January 31 at multiple locations. The festival features/premieres, repertory films and little-seen foreign fare, along with a number of panel discussions and Q&A sessions. U.S. Open Track & Field January 28, 7:30pm; Madison Square Garden Also televised live on ESPN.
Lunar New Year Parade. January 29 Chinatown, Manhattan. Stunning visuals, tantalizing treats and impressive performances. Brooklyn Chinese New Year Celebration 12–4pm Dragon dance, music, performances. Sunset Park Recreation Center (in Sunset Park) 43rd Street at 7th Avenue, Brooklyn.
Tu B’Shevat Celebration. January 29 2–3 pm. Celebrate the Jewish New Year of the Trees by participating in an interactive storytelling musical performance of The Hat Seller and the Monkeys and a shadow puppets presentation Under the Shade of the Mulberry Tree by NYC’s own Play me a Story. Free. Caribbean Garden at The New York Botanical Garden. January 29 10am–5 p.m. This event repeats every week on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 1/21 and 2/26. Discover the Haupt Conservatory’s permanent collection, including orange-yellow crotons, fuchsia bromeliads, and rosy-red hibiscus. Tour the many surprises in the Victorian-style glasshouse, where the harsh outdoor weather gives way to warm rain forest mists, soaring palm trees, and bright desert landscapes. $18 for students.
- Hate groups will view his comments as stamp of approval to continue to divide us
- How the stunned media reacted
- The race speech Trump ached to give
- Why this Trump moment might be different
- Anderson Cooper: Trump revealed who and what he really is
- My uncle was radicalized like ISIS, nephew says
- World to Trump: Stand up against racism, neo-Nazis
- What's the 'alt-left'? Experts say it's a made-up term
- Late-night shows take on Trump
- Hicks likely to become next WH communications director
- Brexit: UK position paper opposes Irish border posts
- Theresa May on Trump comments: Far-right should always be condemned
- Manchester attack: 'Hero' denies bank card and mobile phone theft
- Moped raiders smash into Knightsbridge jewellers
- HMS Queen Elizabeth arrives in Portsmouth for first time
- UK unemployment falls to new 42-year low
- Daniel Craig confirms he'll play James Bond again
- Birmingham bin strike called off
- Holidaymaker dies after three caught in Cornwall rip current
- Big Ben should not be silenced for four years, says Theresa May