Health and Race Walking in Central Park Saturday 9:30 –11:00 am.
Walks led by the NY Walkers Club for people 18+ years of all abilities. This low-impact fitness program is perfect for those who want to get in shape, build muscle tone and strength, and increase cardiovascular health while enjoying Central Park’s beautiful landscapes. Free and no pre-registration is required. North Meadow Recreation Center
Monday Martin Luther King Jr. Day Special at Seneca Village Central Park 12:30-1:30pm.
Seneca Village was Manhattan’s first known community of African-American property owners, on land that would become Central Park. Learn about the history of the village, the property owners, and what New York City was like at the time. Moderate level. 85th Street and Central Park West in Central Park
Monday Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. at BAM, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz, and Medgar Evers College of The City University of New York present New York City’s largest public celebration honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Keynote speaker Dennis M. Walcott, chancellor of the New York City Department of Education. Walcott has spent his life committed to Dr. King’s vision of social justice through advocacy of improved educational policy and social services for both children and adults. Walcott pays tribute to Dr. King’s enduring legacy in this uplifting, music-filled tribute to one of the great humanitarians of our time. Musical performances.
Monday The Beatles Sing-a-long Show 8:15pm $8 Union Hall in Park Slope with classic music videos, and movie clips as well as TV and live performances all of them subtitled so the entire audience can Sing-Along. Dress up as your favorite member of the Fab Four/favorite era of Beatle for the Costume Contest.
New York Jewish Film Festival till January 26.
- Hate groups will view his comments as stamp of approval to continue to divide us
- How the stunned media reacted
- The race speech Trump ached to give
- Why this Trump moment might be different
- Anderson Cooper: Trump revealed who and what he really is
- My uncle was radicalized like ISIS, nephew says
- World to Trump: Stand up against racism, neo-Nazis
- What's the 'alt-left'? Experts say it's a made-up term
- Late-night shows take on Trump
- Hicks likely to become next WH communications director
- Brexit: UK position paper opposes Irish border posts
- Theresa May on Trump comments: Far-right should always be condemned
- Manchester attack: 'Hero' denies bank card and mobile phone theft
- Moped raiders smash into Knightsbridge jewellers
- HMS Queen Elizabeth arrives in Portsmouth for first time
- UK unemployment falls to new 42-year low
- Daniel Craig confirms he'll play James Bond again
- Birmingham bin strike called off
- Holidaymaker dies after three caught in Cornwall rip current
- Big Ben should not be silenced for four years, says Theresa May