Health and Race Walking in Central Park Saturday 9:30 –11:00 am.
Walks led by the NY Walkers Club for people 18+ years of all abilities. This low-impact fitness program is perfect for those who want to get in shape, build muscle tone and strength, and increase cardiovascular health while enjoying Central Park’s beautiful landscapes. Free and no pre-registration is required. North Meadow Recreation Center
Monday Martin Luther King Jr. Day Special at Seneca Village Central Park 12:30-1:30pm.
Seneca Village was Manhattan’s first known community of African-American property owners, on land that would become Central Park. Learn about the history of the village, the property owners, and what New York City was like at the time. Moderate level. 85th Street and Central Park West in Central Park
Monday Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. at BAM, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz, and Medgar Evers College of The City University of New York present New York City’s largest public celebration honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Keynote speaker Dennis M. Walcott, chancellor of the New York City Department of Education. Walcott has spent his life committed to Dr. King’s vision of social justice through advocacy of improved educational policy and social services for both children and adults. Walcott pays tribute to Dr. King’s enduring legacy in this uplifting, music-filled tribute to one of the great humanitarians of our time. Musical performances.
Monday The Beatles Sing-a-long Show 8:15pm $8 Union Hall in Park Slope with classic music videos, and movie clips as well as TV and live performances all of them subtitled so the entire audience can Sing-Along. Dress up as your favorite member of the Fab Four/favorite era of Beatle for the Costume Contest.
New York Jewish Film Festival till January 26.
- Senate's bill breaks a host of Trump's campaign vows
- Conway: Medicaid cut isn't a cut
- Who wins and who loses under Obamacare replacement bill
- Deep cuts to Medicaid put rural hospitals in the crosshairs
- Health care bill loses another GOP vote
- Opinion: Senate bill abandons tens of millions of Americans
- Report: Obama knew Putin was directly involved in hacks
- Trump questions Obama over Russian meddling
- Trump on Mueller: 'We're going to have to see'
- Anthony Kennedy retirement watch at a fever pitch
- Cladding fire tests failed by 27 high-rise blocks
- Camden tower evacuations: Resident confronts Camden Council chief
- Parliament 'hit by cyber-attack'
- China landslide leaves 120 missing in Sichuan
- Jo Cox MP honoured with Commons plaque
- Armed Forces Day: Liverpool leads events across country
- Dizzee Rascal: 'I should be headlining Glastonbury'
- Qatar says list of demands by Arab states not realistic
- Mosul battle: Second French journalist dies after mine blast
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton on pole in Baku