Health and Race Walking in Central Park Saturday 9:30 –11:00 am.
Walks led by the NY Walkers Club for people 18+ years of all abilities. This low-impact fitness program is perfect for those who want to get in shape, build muscle tone and strength, and increase cardiovascular health while enjoying Central Park’s beautiful landscapes. Free and no pre-registration is required. North Meadow Recreation Center
Monday Martin Luther King Jr. Day Special at Seneca Village Central Park 12:30-1:30pm.
Seneca Village was Manhattan’s first known community of African-American property owners, on land that would become Central Park. Learn about the history of the village, the property owners, and what New York City was like at the time. Moderate level. 85th Street and Central Park West in Central Park
Monday Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. at BAM, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz, and Medgar Evers College of The City University of New York present New York City’s largest public celebration honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Keynote speaker Dennis M. Walcott, chancellor of the New York City Department of Education. Walcott has spent his life committed to Dr. King’s vision of social justice through advocacy of improved educational policy and social services for both children and adults. Walcott pays tribute to Dr. King’s enduring legacy in this uplifting, music-filled tribute to one of the great humanitarians of our time. Musical performances.
Monday The Beatles Sing-a-long Show 8:15pm $8 Union Hall in Park Slope with classic music videos, and movie clips as well as TV and live performances all of them subtitled so the entire audience can Sing-Along. Dress up as your favorite member of the Fab Four/favorite era of Beatle for the Costume Contest.
New York Jewish Film Festival till January 26.
- President tweets support for a GOP plan to avert a shutdown, but the votes may not be there
- 2nd Dem senator says he'll vote 'yes'
- CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats
- Analysis: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Here comes the government shutdown
- Trump in 2013: President responsible for shutdown
- Here's what the last government shutdown looked like
- GOP senator: We don't know where party is on DACA
- Why isn't the Stormy Daniels story a bigger deal?
- WSJ: Trump lawyer paid porn star through private company
- CNN Poll: Trump's approval rating edges up
- Ministers won't fight serial rapist release
- Las Vegas shooting: Police say gunman's girlfriend won't face charges
- Theresa May to meet Donald Trump in Davos
- Nassar case: Gold medallists Raisman and Wieber face abuser
- Church of England warns future of Down's 'under question'
- Dolores O'Riordan: Funeral arranged for next week
- US shutdown: Senate bill on verge of collapse amid rancour
- Jewish leaders call on Inner North London coroner to quit
- Coca-Cola pledges to recycle all packaging by 2030
- The man risking his life to save pink dolphins