Health and Race Walking in Central Park Saturday 9:30 –11:00 am.
Walks led by the NY Walkers Club for people 18+ years of all abilities. This low-impact fitness program is perfect for those who want to get in shape, build muscle tone and strength, and increase cardiovascular health while enjoying Central Park’s beautiful landscapes. Free and no pre-registration is required. North Meadow Recreation Center
Monday Martin Luther King Jr. Day Special at Seneca Village Central Park 12:30-1:30pm.
Seneca Village was Manhattan’s first known community of African-American property owners, on land that would become Central Park. Learn about the history of the village, the property owners, and what New York City was like at the time. Moderate level. 85th Street and Central Park West in Central Park
Monday Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. at BAM, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz, and Medgar Evers College of The City University of New York present New York City’s largest public celebration honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Keynote speaker Dennis M. Walcott, chancellor of the New York City Department of Education. Walcott has spent his life committed to Dr. King’s vision of social justice through advocacy of improved educational policy and social services for both children and adults. Walcott pays tribute to Dr. King’s enduring legacy in this uplifting, music-filled tribute to one of the great humanitarians of our time. Musical performances.
Monday The Beatles Sing-a-long Show 8:15pm $8 Union Hall in Park Slope with classic music videos, and movie clips as well as TV and live performances all of them subtitled so the entire audience can Sing-Along. Dress up as your favorite member of the Fab Four/favorite era of Beatle for the Costume Contest.
New York Jewish Film Festival till January 26.
- It seems certain that the imagery and feelings stirred by kids being separated from their parents will linger
- See the moment 7-year-old reunites with mom
- Children allege grave abuse at detention centers
- Emails suggest 'zero tolerance' effectively on hold
- Anderson Cooper: Is your head spinning yet?
- GOP pushes immigration vote into next week
- She got her son back after suing the Trump administration
- The big business of housing immigrant children
- 'The Conners' is happening without Roseanne, ABC says
- Charles Krauthammer, legendary conservative intellectual, dies at 68
- Airbus warns no-deal Brexit could see it leave UK
- EU tariffs on US goods come into force
- Church of England 's 2010 abuse inquiry was 'flawed' and 'failed'
- The story of Rashan Charles and the police
- Arizona Uber crash driver was 'watching TV'
- Windrush anniversary celebrated at Westminster Abbey
- XXXTentacion's girlfriend is pregnant
- Melania wears 'I really don't care do u?' jacket on migrant visit
- Bomb threat closes London's Charing Cross station
- High Court refuses bid for gender-neutral passports