Pro Bull Riders Madison Square Garden Invitational
January 6–7, 8pm; January 8, 1pm; Madison Square Garden
It involves trying to hold on to a one-ton bucking bull for eight seconds.
The New York Times Arts & Leisure Weekend
TheTimesCenter. Brilliant artistic minds than at The New York Times Arts & Leisure Weekend, when the writers and subjects of The Times’ arts section convene for a series of public conversations. Check the festival’s website for updates on who from the worlds of art, theater, dance, music, film and more will be participating in this year’s program.
Photo Safari at Bethesda Fountain Central Park
Saturday 9:00 a.m.–11:30 p.m.?
This photography workshop will focus the not so “urban jungle.” Learn how to take pictures of the environment (trees, flowers and landscape) and take full advantage of the seasonal changes in foliage. Learn the art of scouting for an image and planning. This workshop is appropriate for all levels of photographic knowledge from beginners to advanced hobbyists. 72nd street in the middle of the park.
Seal Exploration Sunday 11:00 a.m.
New York City is home to an amazing abundance of wildlife. From falcons and salamanders, to deer and seals, wildlife viewing opportunities exist year-round in all of our parks and beaches. Wildlife viewing is a perfect activity for any age. Today wildlife viewing is recognized as one of the nation’s fastest growing activities. The Rangers will guide you to the best wildlife viewing spots in New York City. West 12th street and the Coney Island Boardwalk near the Aquarium
- The Pentagon briefing was a striking change in tone from the public response of the Trump administration
- Ex-mayor rips Trump's call to Gold Star widow
- White House explains why condolence letters were expedited
- Analysis: Donald Trump just hit a new low
- Myeshia Johnson: Trump's call made me cry
- Widow reveals new details about Trump's call
- Analysis: Comey confirms he's 'Reinhold Niebuhr'
- Stephen Hawking's thesis crashes Cambridge website
- Analysis: McCain's cold revenge on Trump
- Opinion: What happened when Trump showed me his foot
- Nuneaton bowling alley siege: Man charged
- Teenager's life 'ruined' by Live.me and Twitter 'trolls'
- Police 'let down' modern slavery victims, says report
- Was Harry Styles groped as he sang on stage at concert?
- 'One-off' £1.5m supercar damaged in crash at Tangmere
- Ivory seizures hit record levels last year, report says
- Myeshia Johnson: Soldier's widow says Trump made me cry
- Disabled 'losing out on jobs' over Access to Work cap
- Eddie Izzard to stand again for Labour executive
- MP Jared O'Mara quits equalities committee over homophobic remarks