Pro Bull Riders Madison Square Garden Invitational
January 6–7, 8pm; January 8, 1pm; Madison Square Garden
It involves trying to hold on to a one-ton bucking bull for eight seconds.
The New York Times Arts & Leisure Weekend
TheTimesCenter. Brilliant artistic minds than at The New York Times Arts & Leisure Weekend, when the writers and subjects of The Times’ arts section convene for a series of public conversations. Check the festival’s website for updates on who from the worlds of art, theater, dance, music, film and more will be participating in this year’s program.
Photo Safari at Bethesda Fountain Central Park
Saturday 9:00 a.m.–11:30 p.m.?
This photography workshop will focus the not so “urban jungle.” Learn how to take pictures of the environment (trees, flowers and landscape) and take full advantage of the seasonal changes in foliage. Learn the art of scouting for an image and planning. This workshop is appropriate for all levels of photographic knowledge from beginners to advanced hobbyists. 72nd street in the middle of the park.
Seal Exploration Sunday 11:00 a.m.
New York City is home to an amazing abundance of wildlife. From falcons and salamanders, to deer and seals, wildlife viewing opportunities exist year-round in all of our parks and beaches. Wildlife viewing is a perfect activity for any age. Today wildlife viewing is recognized as one of the nation’s fastest growing activities. The Rangers will guide you to the best wildlife viewing spots in New York City. West 12th street and the Coney Island Boardwalk near the Aquarium
- Cillizza: As the Russia investigation grinds on, the President surrounds himself with loyalists
- US to Iran: Release American prisoners or face 'serious consequences'
- US to ban Americans from visiting North Korea
- First woman enlists to become a Navy SEAL
- Teens who taunted drowning man now could face charges
- Minneapolis police chief resigns in wake of shooting of woman who called 911
- Hawaii to test nuclear warning system amid North Korea's threats
- 2 Baltimore cops plead guilty to racketeering, admit armed robberies
- China will import US rice for the first time
- Charlie Gard's parents storm out of court
- Boots apologises for morning-after pill response
- Sean Spicer quits: White House press secretary plays down 'row'
- Justine Damond shooting: Police chief Janee Harteau quits
- Three Israelis stabbed to death in West Bank attack
- UK to bring in drone registration
- Prince George photo marks fourth birthday
- Philippines Duterte: Martial law extended in Mindanao
- Linkin Park cancel North American tour after Chester Bennington death
- Thomas Morris' father meets the man who wrote to him after son's suicide
- Children in temporary housing up a third since 2014