Pro Bull Riders Madison Square Garden Invitational
January 6–7, 8pm; January 8, 1pm; Madison Square Garden
It involves trying to hold on to a one-ton bucking bull for eight seconds.
The New York Times Arts & Leisure Weekend
TheTimesCenter. Brilliant artistic minds than at The New York Times Arts & Leisure Weekend, when the writers and subjects of The Times’ arts section convene for a series of public conversations. Check the festival’s website for updates on who from the worlds of art, theater, dance, music, film and more will be participating in this year’s program.
Photo Safari at Bethesda Fountain Central Park
Saturday 9:00 a.m.–11:30 p.m.?
This photography workshop will focus the not so “urban jungle.” Learn how to take pictures of the environment (trees, flowers and landscape) and take full advantage of the seasonal changes in foliage. Learn the art of scouting for an image and planning. This workshop is appropriate for all levels of photographic knowledge from beginners to advanced hobbyists. 72nd street in the middle of the park.
Seal Exploration Sunday 11:00 a.m.
New York City is home to an amazing abundance of wildlife. From falcons and salamanders, to deer and seals, wildlife viewing opportunities exist year-round in all of our parks and beaches. Wildlife viewing is a perfect activity for any age. Today wildlife viewing is recognized as one of the nation’s fastest growing activities. The Rangers will guide you to the best wildlife viewing spots in New York City. West 12th street and the Coney Island Boardwalk near the Aquarium
- James Shaw Jr. interrupted a Waffle House shooting that left four people dead
- Suspect thought Taylor Swift was stalking him and had breached White House security, police say
- Gunman fled the scene naked. A manhunt is underway
- Hero in shooting: He was going to have to work to kill me
- What we know about the Waffle House shooting
- Opinion: America worships its cult of guns
- Four presidents come together to pay tribute to Barbara Bush
- Kellyanne Conway to Dana Bash: OK, you went there
- Conway says asking about her husband's anti-Trump tweets is a 'double standard'
- Analysis: Trump's score-settling creates jarring contrast
- Brexit: Government insists UK will leave customs union
- Royal baby: Duchess of Cambridge goes into labour
- Paris attack suspect Salah Abdeslam convicted in Belgium
- Elderly dog helps save girl lost in Australian bush
- Britons killed in Saudi Arabia coach crash
- France approves controversial immigration bill
- South Korea turns off loudspeaker broadcasts into North
- £6m pledge for children of alcoholics
- Capita to raise £700m as losses deepen
- TSB customers report online problems