Years ago this was sent to me by ex Kingsman writer Jennifer Manning and still is one of the best holiday wishes. A new reason to be nice and make friends may be to get wishes like this. I may add we have had half the war deaths since the 1990’s and WWII was 100 times more.
If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep…
you are richer than 75% of this world.
If you have money in the bank, in your wallet and spare change in a dish some place,
you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.
If you wake up this morning with more health than illness..
you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
If you never have experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture or the pangs of starvation,
you are ahead of 500 million people in this world.
If you attended a church, temple, or mosque meeting without fear of harassment, arrest or torture or death…
you are more blessed than 3 billion people in this world.
If you hold your head with a smile on your face be truly thankful.
You are more blessed because the majority can. But most do not.
If you read this message your just received a double blessing that someone was thinking of you and further more.
You are more blessed than 2 billion people in the world that can’t read.
- The five key pieces Trump unveiled for his Afghanistan plan
- In Afghanistan, Trump learns winning is not so easy
- Trump: US in Afghanistan to kill terrorists
- Democrats: Trump has no Afghanistan strategy
- Trump: Our support is not a blank check
- Bergen: Trump's generals won their debate with him
- Notable lines from Trump's speech
- Analysis: Afghanistan speech ended up being about Charlottesville
- Ryan: Trump 'messed up' on Charlottesville response
- Secret Service can't afford President's and family's trips, report says
- Trump vows 'fight to win' in Afghanistan
- Brexit: UK seeks 'close co-operation' on legal disputes deal
- Earthquake on Ischia leaves at least one dead and 25 injured
- Manchester attack: 12 weeks on
- Ford announces £2,000 scrappage scheme for pre-2010 cars
- Pound coin gag scoops best Edinburgh Fringe joke award
- George Osborne urges 'HS3' rail for northern England
- Kim Wall: Torso found amid search for submarine journalist
- Australian terror plan to hide plane bomb in Barbie revealed
- New GCSEs 'hardest since O-levels'