Reports range from 20 to a few dozen students had a meeting about tuition increases on the first floor lobby of Boylan Hall Thursday. Union Square Park had 1,000 students from around CUNY and was very peaceful. The BC rally meeting used a “my check” sound off of repeating what everyone said to amplify without a microphone. They wanted to march to the president’s office to be heard but were stopped. Their version is on a blog and video.
- Protestors repeatedly interrupted a hearing on the GOP plan to repeal Obamacare, which is one 'no' vote away from being scuttled
- Hearing on health care bill
- 9 p.m. ET: CNN's Monday night health care debate
- Protesters disrupt health care bill hearing
- Opinion: On healthcare, let's do the impossible
- Here are the senators that are undecided on health care vote
- 'It looks like a bomb went off' in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico got Irma-level winds and Harvey-level flooding
- Pope accused of spreading heresy
- N. Korea threatens to shoot down US planes
- North Korea accuses US of declaring war
- John McDonnell 'would bring existing PFI contracts in-house'
- Third of state schools in cash deficit
- Oxford student Lavinia Woodward spared jail for knife attack
- Model Chloe Ayling kidnap case a publicity stunt, court told
- First appearance together for Harry and Meghan
- Child 'was shown IS beheading video by Leicester man'
- Brexit: Davis sees 'no excuse for standing in way of progress'
- German election: Merkel vows to win back right-wing voters
- Uber: London Mayor Sadiq Khan backs talks after firm's apology