Event is in the Student Center is the given unless stated.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:00pm to 4:00pm
“Apply for the Federal Position that’s Right for You ”
Webinar on the federal jobs’ application process. From building a federal resume to filling out questionnaires to using the Application Manager on USAJOBS.gov, we’ll break down the steps individuals need to take to complete and submit an application.
Department: Career Services
Location: 1309 James Hall
The Investment Club meets Wednesday 1 to 2pm room Grog room 507.
Domestic Violence Awareness Jefferson Room.
Alpha Ph. Game night 6 to 10pm basement
Sign Language Club 12:15pm
“”Breast Cancer – Early Detection” Workshop”
Department: Health Programs
Location: Maroney-Leddy, Student Center
Contact: Health Programs Office – 718-951-4505 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:00pm to 7:00pm
“Domestic Violence Awareness Day: From Non-action to Action: Gender Dialogue On Domestic Violence”
Women and men have different perspectives on gender roles regarding the issue of domestic violence. Participants will engage in experiential exercises designed to address the conscious, unconscious and perpetuating roots of domestic violence in order to create a future plan of personal and collective action.
Location: Gold Room; Student Center
Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:00pm to 2:00pm
“How to Make a Job Fair Work for You”
Helps prepare students to make an effective presentation at a job fair and to develop a strategy to maximize their results.
Department: Career Services
Location: 2207 James Hall
Contact: Magner Center for Career Development and Internships http://career.brooklyn.cuny.edu
Notes: Registration Required: http://portal.brooklyn.cuny.edu via the
The Hillel entrance to campus is expected to close for the demolition and construction of the new Performing Arts Center around the third week of October. The construction fence will be moved to the north side of the entrance. More information will be provided when the contractor’s plans are more detailed and finalized, which is expected by October 15th.
- A former staffer says Rep. Blake Farenthold's crude remarks drove him to quit
- Rep. Farenthold facing new harassment accusations
- GOP Rep. Mia Love: Farenthold should resign
- Farenthold accuser: I couldn't stay in DC
- It's the way you dress, Dem congresswoman tells colleagues
- Al Franken's Senate replacement named
- The inside story of the GOP's Alabama meltdown
- Opinion: How Black women saved democracy
- How black voters boosted Doug Jones to victory in Alabama
- Tapper: Trump lost again, may haunt him
- Brexit bill: May heads to Brussels after EU vote loss
- The moment defeat on Brexit vote was announced
- Royals to attend Grenfell fire memorial at St Paul's
- Harvey Weinstein: Salma Hayek alleges he threatened to kill her
- MSF estimates more than 6,700 Rohingya killed in Myanmar
- How net neutrality affects you
- Haemophilia A trial results 'mind-blowing'
- White House contradicts Tillerson on North Korea, adding to confusion
- Chris Froome: Team Sky rider says legacy will not be tainted by 'adverse' drugs test
- Fly-tipping prosecutions at record low in England