Event is in the Student Center is the given unless stated.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:00pm to 4:00pm
“Apply for the Federal Position that’s Right for You ”
Webinar on the federal jobs’ application process. From building a federal resume to filling out questionnaires to using the Application Manager on USAJOBS.gov, we’ll break down the steps individuals need to take to complete and submit an application.
Department: Career Services
Location: 1309 James Hall
The Investment Club meets Wednesday 1 to 2pm room Grog room 507.
Domestic Violence Awareness Jefferson Room.
Alpha Ph. Game night 6 to 10pm basement
Sign Language Club 12:15pm
“”Breast Cancer – Early Detection” Workshop”
Department: Health Programs
Location: Maroney-Leddy, Student Center
Contact: Health Programs Office – 718-951-4505 or email@example.com
Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:00pm to 7:00pm
“Domestic Violence Awareness Day: From Non-action to Action: Gender Dialogue On Domestic Violence”
Women and men have different perspectives on gender roles regarding the issue of domestic violence. Participants will engage in experiential exercises designed to address the conscious, unconscious and perpetuating roots of domestic violence in order to create a future plan of personal and collective action.
Location: Gold Room; Student Center
Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:00pm to 2:00pm
“How to Make a Job Fair Work for You”
Helps prepare students to make an effective presentation at a job fair and to develop a strategy to maximize their results.
Department: Career Services
Location: 2207 James Hall
Contact: Magner Center for Career Development and Internships http://career.brooklyn.cuny.edu
Notes: Registration Required: http://portal.brooklyn.cuny.edu via the
The Hillel entrance to campus is expected to close for the demolition and construction of the new Performing Arts Center around the third week of October. The construction fence will be moved to the north side of the entrance. More information will be provided when the contractor’s plans are more detailed and finalized, which is expected by October 15th.
- Trump-Obama relationship has reached historic low
- Trump blasts Obama on Twitter, demands apology
- Opinion: Why isn't Obama hitting back?
- Trump's new foil: A silent Barack Obama
- Australian cardinal charged with sexual assault offenses
- Diehard ISIS fighters await final fight
- California says key ingredient in Roundup weed killer can cause cancer
- Man cracks ransomware code
- Good Samaritan beaten after helping child
- ABC settles 'pink slime' lawsuit
- Grenfell fire: Retired judge to lead disaster inquiry
- Cardinal Pell: Vatican treasurer charged with sex offences
- IS faces end game in Mosul, says Michael Fallon
- Stalking victim rejects police apology over stabbing
- US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt
- Sheikh steps in to buy village chapel in Cornwall
- 'My son was circumcised without my consent'
- Theresa May to seek backing of MPs for Queen's Speech
- Brazil Temer: Car 'rams gate of presidential palace'
- London bridge attack officer: 'I wasn't backing down'