Fireworks on the Coney Island Beach shoot off at 9:30pm every Friday night during the season. Fireworks conclude the Friday before Labor Day. The Brooklyn Cyclones have fireworks on selected Saturdays after the game completes.
The Great Summer Zoofari: A LEGO Wildlife Expedition
July 2 – September 30, 2011
2300 Southern Blvd. (at Fordham Rd.)
Bronx, NY 10458
After you see their real-life counterparts at the zoo, check out the LEGO sculptures of tigers, spray toads, flamingos, gorillas, penguins, and other exotic wildlife, created by LEGO’s talented team of builders. Each display includes information on the featured animal. Other activities throughout the summer include: Wildlife Theater shows, crafts activities with the Museum for African Art, and conservation learning stations. For more information, visit bronxzoo.org.
Free with admission. For more information, visit bronxzoo.org.
Queens Theatre in the Park Latino Cultural Festival
July 20 – July 24, 2011
Flushing Meadows–Corona Park
11101 Corona Ave.
Queens, NY 11101
Located in Queens—the most international borough in the most diverse City in the world—in the shadow of the globe-shaped Unisphere, this festival lives up to the spirit of its surroundings. Whether you’re into music, dance, theater or film, there will be something for you this summer in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park. In fact, this festival is the only NYC stop for many popular Latino artists. queenstheatre.org.
- In an administration where a slight is usually met with a shrug, the ambassador to the UN stands her ground
- 'No Confusion Nikki' takes the media by storm
- President decided to abandon plans for more Russia sanctions
- Analysis: Nikki Haley is simply not having it
- SE Cupp: Haley isn't here for your sexism
- Analysis: Trump undercutting ambassador plays right into Comey's tease about the worst Russia narrative
- The meaning behind Trump's racist term 'breeding'
- Anderson Cooper: Trump rewriting history
- Poll shows Ted Cruz in tight Senate race
- Trump calls out Rand Paul on Pompeo
- Plastic straw and cotton bud ban proposed
- Dale Winton, Supermarket Sweep presenter, dies aged 62
- Debenhams sales hit by 'Beast from the East'
- Trump 'will walk out' if North Korea talks not fruitful
- The holiday village run by spies
- Commonwealth meeting: Queen to open two-day summit
- Clevedon house crash: Woman dies as van hits house
- Drugs leave 12 dead since December in a Cumbrian town
- Nasa's Tess: Planet-hunting satellite lifts off
- Windrush: Investigation urged over landing cards