There is a huge annual CUNY event taking place this month at Queens College called the ADA BBQ. It celebrates the anniversary of the American Disabilities Act (this year is the 21st anniversary)- a federal law which makes it illegal for people and the government to discriminate against disabled Americans in any way. I want to know if you would be interested in coming to volunteer at the event with myself and other SOFEDUP (the BC club) and Brooklyn College students. The BBQ takes place this month on July 26th Tuesday; it is from 9am-4pm. The Brooklyn College Disabilities Center will be providing transportation from Brooklyn College to Queens College in the morning. I will give you the exact time closer to the event. You do not have to volunteer the entire time- you can just volunteer for a couple hours. For everyone to enter into the BBQ it is 3 dollars with CUNY ID and 5 dollars without.
If you are interested and have anymore questions about the event please let me know ASAP- I need to submit names soon.
SOFEDUP President Kimberly Blake
- There will be no Senate vote on health care overhaul
- What doctors want from health care reform
- Trump: McCain 'no' vote is a slap in the face
- Watch highlights from CNN's health care debate
- Republicans are discussing other ways to repeal Obamacare
- See how Graham responds to Trump's tweet about McCain
- Opinion: On healthcare, let's do the impossible
- WH staff interviews about Russia could start this week
- Congresswoman kneels on House floor to protest Trump
- Trump: I wasn't preoccupied with the NFL
- Jeremy Corbyn: It's right to plan for run on pound
- Saudi women 'to be allowed driving licences'
- Liz Dawn: Coronation Street's Vera Duckworth dies at 77
- Clinton: White House private emails 'height of hypocrisy'
- UK's first subsidy-free solar opened in Bedfordshire
- The secretive state of North Korea – in charts
- Parsons Green bombing: Three men released without charge
- Brexit: Donald Tusk says not enough progress in talks
- Fake exam certificate website shut down
- Dyson to make electric cars from 2020