There is a huge annual CUNY event taking place this month at Queens College called the ADA BBQ. It celebrates the anniversary of the American Disabilities Act (this year is the 21st anniversary)- a federal law which makes it illegal for people and the government to discriminate against disabled Americans in any way. I want to know if you would be interested in coming to volunteer at the event with myself and other SOFEDUP (the BC club) and Brooklyn College students. The BBQ takes place this month on July 26th Tuesday; it is from 9am-4pm. The Brooklyn College Disabilities Center will be providing transportation from Brooklyn College to Queens College in the morning. I will give you the exact time closer to the event. You do not have to volunteer the entire time- you can just volunteer for a couple hours. For everyone to enter into the BBQ it is 3 dollars with CUNY ID and 5 dollars without.
If you are interested and have anymore questions about the event please let me know ASAP- I need to submit names soon.
SOFEDUP President Kimberly Blake
- Trump-Obama relationship has reached historic low
- Trump blasts Obama on Twitter, demands apology
- Opinion: Why isn't Obama hitting back?
- Trump's new foil: A silent Barack Obama
- Australian cardinal charged with sexual assault offenses
- Diehard ISIS fighters await final fight
- California says key ingredient in Roundup weed killer can cause cancer
- Man cracks ransomware code
- Good Samaritan beaten after helping child
- ABC settles 'pink slime' lawsuit
- Grenfell fire: Retired judge to lead disaster inquiry
- Cardinal Pell: Vatican treasurer charged with sex offences
- IS faces end game in Mosul, says Michael Fallon
- Stalking victim rejects police apology over stabbing
- US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt
- Sheikh steps in to buy village chapel in Cornwall
- 'My son was circumcised without my consent'
- Theresa May to seek backing of MPs for Queen's Speech
- Brazil Temer: Car 'rams gate of presidential palace'
- London bridge attack officer: 'I wasn't backing down'