Kingsborough Community College has Saturday night dances with close to 1000. July 9th they just had the big bands. Swing music like the Charleston, the Lindy and other classics were done. Many BC alumni and IRPE members were there.
BC IRPE member Lionel was seen dancing with Roberta. BC Alumni 91 year old Lieutenant Herbert Jawitz is a World War 2 and Korean Veteran was there. He was in the Pacific Theatre and he was telling stories of the 90 millimeter guns used to shoot plans down being used to get the caves to be emptied. He was in the first guided missile battalion. He was in the Battle of Sabu in the Philippines. He saw the Japanese generals full of medals in Manila meet General Douglas MacArthur to work out peace terms three days prior to the official surrender. Lt. Jawitz last year was awarded six medals from his congressmen 63 years late. His wife Charlotte was also at the concert. Photos will be coming.
There is a Treasure Hunt this Tuesday see photo.
- Hate groups will view his comments as stamp of approval to continue to divide us
- How the stunned media reacted
- The race speech Trump ached to give
- Why this Trump moment might be different
- Anderson Cooper: Trump revealed who and what he really is
- My uncle was radicalized like ISIS, nephew says
- World to Trump: Stand up against racism, neo-Nazis
- What's the 'alt-left'? Experts say it's a made-up term
- Late-night shows take on Trump
- Hicks likely to become next WH communications director
- Brexit: UK position paper opposes Irish border posts
- Theresa May on Trump comments: Far-right should always be condemned
- Manchester attack: 'Hero' denies bank card and mobile phone theft
- Moped raiders smash into Knightsbridge jewellers
- HMS Queen Elizabeth arrives in Portsmouth for first time
- UK unemployment falls to new 42-year low
- Daniel Craig confirms he'll play James Bond again
- Birmingham bin strike called off
- Holidaymaker dies after three caught in Cornwall rip current
- Big Ben should not be silenced for four years, says Theresa May