Kingsborough Community College has Saturday night dances with close to 1000. July 9th they just had the big bands. Swing music like the Charleston, the Lindy and other classics were done. Many BC alumni and IRPE members were there.
BC IRPE member Lionel was seen dancing with Roberta. BC Alumni 91 year old Lieutenant Herbert Jawitz is a World War 2 and Korean Veteran was there. He was in the Pacific Theatre and he was telling stories of the 90 millimeter guns used to shoot plans down being used to get the caves to be emptied. He was in the first guided missile battalion. He was in the Battle of Sabu in the Philippines. He saw the Japanese generals full of medals in Manila meet General Douglas MacArthur to work out peace terms three days prior to the official surrender. Lt. Jawitz last year was awarded six medals from his congressmen 63 years late. His wife Charlotte was also at the concert. Photos will be coming.
There is a Treasure Hunt this Tuesday see photo.
- In an administration where a slight is usually met with a shrug, the ambassador to the UN stands her ground
- 'No Confusion Nikki' takes the media by storm
- President decided to abandon plans for more Russia sanctions
- Analysis: Nikki Haley is simply not having it
- SE Cupp: Haley isn't here for your sexism
- Analysis: Trump undercutting ambassador plays right into Comey's tease about the worst Russia narrative
- The meaning behind Trump's racist term 'breeding'
- Anderson Cooper: Trump rewriting history
- Poll shows Ted Cruz in tight Senate race
- Trump calls out Rand Paul on Pompeo
- Plastic straw and cotton bud ban proposed
- Dale Winton, Supermarket Sweep presenter, dies aged 62
- Debenhams sales hit by 'Beast from the East'
- Trump 'will walk out' if North Korea talks not fruitful
- The holiday village run by spies
- Commonwealth meeting: Queen to open two-day summit
- Clevedon house crash: Woman dies as van hits house
- Drugs leave 12 dead since December in a Cumbrian town
- Nasa's Tess: Planet-hunting satellite lifts off
- Windrush: Investigation urged over landing cards